The Saving Advice Forums - A classic personal finance community.

What is your net worth? I illustrated my net worth below

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ZZZ
    replied
    Originally posted by UnknownXV View Post
    I feel so far behind on this forum, although it's good to know so many are well off too.

    I'm 22 with $11,500 in savings, no debt.

    At least I'm not in the negative.
    Take pride in being far ahead of your peers. Most people our age have 20k in student loan debt and another 15k in credit card/ car loan debt with little in savings.

    That being said, set your own standard. Don't use them as a baseline. Just as a way to support your self esteem.

    I am 22 with
    Assets:
    24k in 401k/Roth IRA
    14k in savings

    Liabilities:
    11k in student loan debt

    Net worth - Roughtly 27k.

    Still in school but not incurring more debt due to tuition waivers/GI Bill through National Guard.

    Leave a comment:


  • 97guns
    replied
    Originally posted by 97guns View Post
    income property $375K
    precious metal $250K


    revised totals since 05/13

    income property 437K
    precious metal 254K

    Leave a comment:


  • khop3060
    replied
    we are 45/40

    401k combined: 1.1 MM
    taxable: 450K
    Cash: 130K
    Second home: 350K
    Primary home: excluding from calculation

    Total: 2.0 MM

    Grade: B for Blessed

    Leave a comment:


  • cougs4bcs
    replied
    Assets

    Retirement: $10,000
    Other investments: $0
    Cash/emergency savings: $11,000
    Primary Residence: $0



    Total: $21,000


    2) Debts
    Mortgage: $0
    Credit Card: $100 (paid in full every month)

    Net worth: $21,000

    Age: 23
    Also, I've gone through 2 job layoffs as well. I'd say given the circumstances and my age, about a B+. I'd like more in retirement and cash savings, but whatever.

    Leave a comment:


  • zzcop
    replied
    Age :55 Male, Working, Divorced

    Stocks- 80159
    401K #1- 408772
    401K #2- 405061
    Checking, Savings- 44832
    Roth- 39342
    Traditional- 8906




    Debts- 0

    Total - 987072

    Leave a comment:


  • coffee
    replied
    401k/403b/rothIRA/IRA 105k
    house 80k
    savings acct / checking acct 30k
    equities(not retirement)/ saving bonds 80k
    Income funds 50k

    365k age 52 (I know: bad, but zero debts and a paid for car)

    Leave a comment:


  • Redraidernurse
    replied
    Ages 27/28 - single income family

    Assets

    Retirement: $94,000
    College Savings for kids, ages 1 & 4, and one still cookin' : $11,000
    Other investments: $64,000
    Cash/emergency savings: $31,000
    Primary Residence: $114,000



    Total: $314,000


    2) Debts
    Mortgage: $60,000


    Net worth: $254,000

    Leave a comment:


  • Bob B.
    replied
    Ages - Me 40, DW 38

    Assets -

    House - $77K
    Retirement Fund - $122,900
    Other Assets - $21K

    Liabilities -

    Mortgage - $60,083
    Other Debts - $15,896

    Net Worth = $144.9K

    How do I grade myself? Compared to most who replied to this thread, probably a D+. Compared to the average American in my age range, probably a B+. Heck, anyone should get a C just for knowing the values of their debts and assets.

    Leave a comment:


  • sandrark
    replied
    Originally posted by Gina23 View Post
    Age 33

    Net Worth: 366,347 (as of today)

    Not including: 6+ years of retirement pension, it's hard to estimate that and pop it into your net worth
    My retirement plan gives you an actual lump sum cash value in the calculation estimator. So it's not hard! See if yours does.

    Leave a comment:


  • Gina23
    replied
    Age 33

    Net Worth: 366,347 (as of today)

    Not including: 6+ years of retirement pension, it's hard to estimate that and pop it into your net worth

    Leave a comment:


  • tripods68
    replied
    I'm late to the party but I'll join in anyway:

    The taxable includes kids college education, checking, savings, TDameritrade & Vanguards investments.

    ASSET (Homes, Cars, Taxable Investments + Retirement accts)
    $496,854

    DB Defined Pension (Lump-sum Annuity value 05/28/2013)
    $789,711

    LIABILITIES
    Cars $12,814
    CC $1620
    Mortgage + 2nd $251,248

    $252,880

    Net Worth $1,033.684

    Ages 44/37 working FT

    Note: DB pension will grow at $1.35 million Lump Sum at age 55 years old.
    Note: Wife's DB pension annunity value not included.

    Leave a comment:


  • Petunia 100
    replied
    Originally posted by JoeP View Post
    How do you calculate retirement account net worth when you'll owe taxes on some of them (those with deferred taxes) at withdrawal time?
    This is a bigger deal for some than for others.

    For myself, I don't worry about it much. I do not expect to have a huge nest egg and I do not expect to have a huge income. So if I am living on my SS benefits and 24k per year of withdrawals from my trad IRA (this is what I am shooting for), I'm not paying much income tax. At that income level, the SS benefits are not taxable. Using 2012 tax rates and brackets, The first 11.25k of income falls into the 0% bracket (for a single person over age 65), the next 8.7k of income falls into the 10% bracket, the final 4.05k falls into the 15% bracket. The total tax bill is $1,478.00.

    In short, I do not discount my nest egg for taxes in my net worth calculation.

    Leave a comment:


  • Snave
    replied
    Doing pretty well so far.

    Assets:
    Retirement, Taxable Accounts and Cash: $660,000
    Home: Approximately $500,000 (have lost $100,000 since original $600K purchase in 2007)

    Liabilities:
    Home: $350,000
    No other debts; cars and credit cards are all paid off, but not counting those in assets

    Net Worth:
    $810,000 at age 39

    Leave a comment:


  • 97guns
    replied
    income property $375K
    precious metal $250K

    Leave a comment:


  • sandrark
    replied
    Assets:

    House: $550K
    Retirement Accounts: $350K
    Cash: $100K
    Stuff and vehicles: $150K (DH bought a plane years ago for cash. It's worth more than he paid for it).
    Lump sum value of DB Pension Account: $1.4M
    DH's Business: $400K
    Total: $2.95M


    Liabilities:
    Mortgage: $400K
    Other low-interest debt: $50K
    Total: $450K

    Net worth: $2.5M

    Doesn't include any expected inheritance or family money, even though it's likely there will be some. We prefer to float on our own boat.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X