The Saving Advice Forums - A classic personal finance community.

What is your net worth? I illustrated my net worth below

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MonkeyMama
    replied
    We've done these before, but I think it is always interesting to see an update. For us, the power of compounding is starting to account for most our net worth growth.

    Investments (cash, stocks, mutual funds, retirement): $203,000
    Home: $400,000
    Mortgage: -$190,000

    Net Worth: $413,000

    Age 36
    Last edited by MonkeyMama; 05-15-2013, 05:43 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • bjl584
    replied
    Around $240,000.

    35 years old.

    Leave a comment:


  • shaggy
    replied
    Sure, I'll play.

    Assets:
    -----------
    Retirement 248,516
    Non-retirement stocks/bonds 18,770
    Cash 86,679
    Gold/Diamonds 60,000

    TOTAL ASSETS: 413,967


    Liabilities:
    --------------
    Zero


    Total Net Worth:
    -----------------
    413,967


    It looks pretty good if I don't factor in that I'm 50 years old and seriously behind in my retirement savings. Good thing I don't plan on retiring.


    ETA: Forgot to include my biggest asset, my company. Two years ago my share was estimated (by an expert) at 2.5 million (not that I think it's an easy asset to sell, but it could be. It generates a lot of cash).
    Last edited by shaggy; 05-15-2013, 01:55 PM. Reason: Forgot to include company

    Leave a comment:


  • What is your net worth? I illustrated my net worth below

    For those who aren’t ashamed/embarrassed by disclosing their net worth please feel free to share your net worth. I have listed mine below. Also feel free to add categories as you feel necessary. This is just a basic outline that I have implemented for myself.



    1) Assets

    Stocks/Bonds/ Investments: $17,000

    Savings/Checking/Money Market/CD’s: $85,000

    Retirement (401K’s, IRA, SEP, etc): $135,000

    Primary Residence/Secondary Residence: $150,000 (1-bdrm condominium in Hawaii)

    Other: $0

    Total: $387,000




    2) Debts



    Mortgage: $38,000

    Student Loan: $0

    Car Loan: $0

    Credit Card loans: $0

    Total: $38,000




    Assets minus Debts = Total Net Worth: $349,000


    Edited: My avatar name should be changed to OneThirdMillionMan but I'll wait until I can hopefully attain HalfMillionMan. I hope I don't come off as arrogant or snidely because I amgrateful for what the LORD has blessed me with and I know full well that what he gaveth he can taketh away in a heartbeat. I am very appreciative for all that HE hast blessed me with.
    Last edited by QuarterMillionMan; 05-14-2013, 11:27 PM. Reason: edit
Working...
X