What is your net worth? I illustrated my net worth below

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is your net worth? I illustrated my net worth below

For those who aren’t ashamed/embarrassed by disclosing their net worth please feel free to share your net worth. I have listed mine below. Also feel free to add categories as you feel necessary. This is just a basic outline that I have implemented for myself.

1) Assets

Stocks/Bonds/ Investments: $17,000

Savings/Checking/Money Market/CD’s: $85,000

Retirement (401K’s, IRA, SEP, etc): $135,000

Primary Residence/Secondary Residence: $150,000 (1-bdrm condominium in Hawaii)

Other: $0

Total: $387,000

2) Debts

Mortgage: $38,000

Student Loan: $0

Car Loan: $0

Credit Card loans: $0

Total: $38,000

Assets minus Debts = Total Net Worth: $349,000

Edited: My avatar name should be changed to OneThirdMillionMan but I'll wait until I can hopefully attain HalfMillionMan. I hope I don't come off as arrogant or snidely because I amgrateful for what the LORD has blessed me with and I know full well that what he gaveth he can taketh away in a heartbeat. I am very appreciative for all that HE hast blessed me with.
    Last edited by QuarterMillionMan; 05-15-2013, 12:27 AM. Reason: edit

Sure, I'll play.

Assets:
    -----------
    Retirement 248,516
    Non-retirement stocks/bonds 18,770
    Cash 86,679
    Gold/Diamonds 60,000

TOTAL ASSETS: 413,967

Liabilities:
    --------------
    Zero

Total Net Worth:
    -----------------

It looks pretty good if I don't factor in that I'm 50 years old and seriously behind in my retirement savings. Good thing I don't plan on retiring.

ETA: Forgot to include my biggest asset, my company. Two years ago my share was estimated (by an expert) at 2.5 million (not that I think it's an easy asset to sell, but it could be. It generates a lot of cash).
    Last edited by shaggy; 05-15-2013, 02:55 PM. Reason: Forgot to include company

Comment

Around $240,000.

35 years old.
      Brian

Comment

We've done these before, but I think it is always interesting to see an update. For us, the power of compounding is starting to account for most our net worth growth.

Investments (cash, stocks, mutual funds, retirement): $203,000
        Home: $400,000
        Mortgage: -$190,000

Net Worth: $413,000

Age 36
        Last edited by MonkeyMama; 05-15-2013, 06:43 AM.

Comment

We are 42/43.
          Retirement: $654,000
          Checking/Savings: $32,000
          House value: $220,000
          Assets: $906,000

Mortgage: $14,000
          Debts: $14,000

Net Worth: $892,000

Comment

Retirement and cash assets $574,000.11

Home $224,990
            -----------------------------------------
            Total ~ $798,000.11

No debts

We are 43

Are we supposed to be counting assets like antiques? toys, cars etc or $ in pension fund?

Comment

Originally posted by Blessed View Post
              Are we supposed to be counting assets like antiques? toys, cars etc or $ in pension fund?
              I was waiting to see if anyone asked that question or included those things. Shaggy did include non-financial assets (gold and diamonds) but nobody else has yet.

When I calculate my net worth, I tend to stick to financial assets that are easily liquidatable (is that a word?). I don't typically include the value of our house because we're not planning on selling it unless we hit some major financial catastrophe and assigning it a value is just a rough estimate of what it would actually sell for. Sure our cars, clothing, jewelry, household belongings, collectibles, etc. all have some value but they aren't easily converted to cash (well I suppose the cars are).

I don't have my spreadsheet on this computer but I'll post numbers later.
              Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
              * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
              * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Assets (that are fairly easy to liquidate IMO)
                Home = $415,000
                vehicles/RV = $48,000
                retirement = $248,000
                cash = $19000

liabilities
                mortgage = $256,000

Net Worth = $474,000

I have a few valuables such as ATV's, antique grandfather clock, etc. that have a decent amount of value, but I look at net worth like what would be left in the event of my death for my children and I assume most of the valuable assets around the home would be kept by family and friends so I dont include them.

Oh and my wife and I have a combined $1,217,000 in life insurance to care for our 4 kids in the event of our death so like alot of people........I AM WORTH MORE DEAD THAN ALIVE!!! lol

Currently 39 yrs old.

Comment

Wife and I are both 47. No debts.

330K house
                  1240K retiremement (includes 401K, IRAs, taxable accounts)
                  125K company stock

$1.7M total

Additional comments:
                  • 529 is fully funded for our son, currently 13
                  • "company stock" is actually LLC membership, which provides additional annual income
                  • we're at the point that effect of market performance is much more important than continuing contributions to retirement accounts
                  seek knowledge, not answers
                  personal finance

Comment

Originally posted by bigdaddybus View Post
                    Assets (that are fairly easy to liquidate IMO)
                    Home = $415,000
                    vehicles/RV = $48,000
                    retirement = $248,000
                    cash = $19000

liabilities
                    mortgage = $256,000

Net Worth = $474,000

I have a few valuables such as ATV's, antique grandfather clock, etc. that have a decent amount of value, but I look at net worth like what would be left in the event of my death for my children and I assume most of the valuable assets around the home would be kept by family and friends so I dont include them.

Oh and my wife and I have a combined $1,217,000 in life insurance to care for our 4 kids in the event of our death so like alot of people........I AM WORTH MORE DEAD THAN ALIVE!!! lol

Currently 39 yrs old.
                    That made me giggle. We are worth more dead than alive also. I think my 17 and 20 year old would gladly keep our vehicles and camper since they are newer and better than what they drive I'd me more afraid they would toss our 1800's furniture and dishes.

Comment

I actually use car values in our net worth tracking. It's just I have them both valued at $0 right now. I depreciate our vehicles pretty rapidly, and both our current cars were bought very inexpensively about a decade ago.

I wouldn't bother to inventory the rest of our "stuff." More hassle than its worth, though I would include any asset of high value if I had any.

Comment

Excluding the value or future value of my pension, I'm at around $500k. Never sure whether to include a pensions value or not. I look at this net worth stuff kind of the same way as a credit score; At some point the number becomes a lot less meaningful. I'm 48 btw.
                        "Those who can't remember the past are condemmed to repeat it".- George Santayana.

Comment

Retirement/Investments - $201,000
                          Cash - $73,000

Wife cash/investments/retirement - $140000

Total: $414k

Last edited by rennigade; 05-15-2013, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Retirement: $10,000
                            Checking/Savings: $14,000
                            House value: $0
                            Assets: $12,000

Mortgage: $0
                            Debts: $40,500

Net Worth: -4500

I'm 24 and had a negative net worth of -$35,000 12 months ago, so working hard on it.

Comment

I forgot to include my age, I'm 47. Given that fact I am way behind in my retirement fund. I'm intending to work in my 70's or even 80's if my mind & body doesn't give out before then. Too many times I hear people wishfully and unrealistically saying that they want to retire in their 50's or 60's but don't have the means to do so or they have a boatload of debt in which they cannot realistically sustain the same standard of living. My goal is to get to a net worth of $1 million or even $1.5 million would be even better upon retirement, God willing and a lot of discipline on my part.

Comment

Working...
                              X