Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if you voted for biden...a question

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by ua_guy View Post
    I think it's OK if Biden doesn't accomplish much of anything new, but instead focuses his time on restoring order and competence.
    100% agree

    Comment


      #17
      So I didn't have much of an opinion about trump in 2016 except I didn't like him or hillary. I found him repugnant on so many levels these past 4 years. The worse is I now feel like my mom is part of the cult of trump of fake news. She literally would quote incorrect fake news and then say it's the truth. I don't get how this whole making up lies is now acceptable.

      I just want to hear the truth. Maybe I don't agree but I'd really like for people to be held accountable. I do feel Biden tells the truth and I do feel (I am not religious and don't particularly care for it) he is a true believer of his faith and it's not for show. It feels like he means it when he says he's here to serve. Strangely I've never felt religion before until this new pope and Biden to be true. I feel like so many politicians put it on for show and what they think their constituents want.
      LivingAlmostLarge Blog

      Comment


        #18
        Voted for Biden based on what I firmly believe is best for our Country, my family, and my friends. Also, very much voted against our current President's lies, narcissism, self-enrichment, failures, and abuses of power. I did and would vote this way regardless of potential impacts on my financial interests.

        That being said, I believe that a science-based approach to controlling the pandemic will be good for the economy. Also, based on the outcome of the elections, we will not have single party control of the executive and legislative branches which, historically, results in lagging stock market performance.

        Comment


          #19
          I proudly voted for Trump.

          EDITED BY MODERATOR

          This thread specifically asked for opinions from those who voted for Biden. It didn't ask who voted for Trump or why, so your response isn't relevant to the topic and has been removed, as have the posts that followed arguing about it.

          Folks, please stay on topic. This thread had very civil and respectful up until this point. Let's keep it that way so it doesn't need to be locked.
          Last edited by disneysteve; 11-14-2020, 06:49 AM.

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by LivingAlmostLarge View Post
            So I didn't have much of an opinion about trump in 2016 except I didn't like him or hillary. I found him repugnant on so many levels these past 4 years. The worse is I now feel like my mom is part of the cult of trump of fake news. She literally would quote incorrect fake news and then say it's the truth. I don't get how this whole making up lies is now acceptable.

            I just want to hear the truth. Maybe I don't agree but I'd really like for people to be held accountable. I do feel Biden tells the truth and I do feel (I am not religious and don't particularly care for it) he is a true believer of his faith and it's not for show. It feels like he means it when he says he's here to serve. Strangely I've never felt religion before until this new pope and Biden to be true. I feel like so many politicians put it on for show and what they think their constituents want.
            I don't particularly trust any politicians
            I think votes, money, and power are more important than the truth on most cases.
            Not all, but most
            Biden has had his share of lies over the decades.
            One that comes to mind was a lie he told reporters he finished in the top half of his graduating class in law school.
            Records showed that he finished near the bottom.

            Is he the lesser of two evils?
            Maybe
            Will he be telling us the truth?
            Probably not.
            And anyone who hangs their hat on that hope will probably be disappointed
            Brian

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by bjl584 View Post

              I don't particularly trust any politicians
              I think votes, money, and power are more important than the truth on most cases.
              Not all, but most
              Biden has had his share of lies over the decades.
              One that comes to mind was a lie he told reporters he finished in the top half of his graduating class in law school.
              Records showed that he finished near the bottom.

              Is he the lesser of two evils?
              Maybe
              Will he be telling us the truth?
              Probably not.
              And anyone who hangs their hat on that hope will probably be disappointed
              Lesser of two evils we shall see. I can't find him really out to be a jerk. I find trump likes to be a jerk and that was another turn out. I was thinking that some of trump's policies like pulling us out of wars in the middle east something I can get behind. And I'm starting to think maybe it is all about the states. That we leave things to the states so the state's can decide. Maybe lower federal taxes so that the states can do more individually but we don't give handouts to states. So I guess some of what he says I like. Perhaps if he'd been a different person Trump, maybe Romney or something like that, would i have voted for him? Maybe.
              LivingAlmostLarge Blog

              Comment


                #22
                Like many of you, I definitely voted against the current president. Like some of you, I also don't know that I trust most politicians. Our country is based on keeping a few in power not representing all folks. We are a two party system and I think that needs to change. We need to have multiple parties that would require collaboration not just the red team or the blue team. We need campaign finance reform. We need to end the lifetime premium healthcare and lifetime pension after 5 years of service. Their benefits should mirror the average person so they remain aware of what the average person's life is like. I'm not a religious person but I do appreciate the concept of Matthew 25:40 Whatever you did for the least of these brothers and sisters of mine. you did for me. And lest you think I'm delusional, I don't expect "our" representatives to go for these ideas....

                I just don't understand how folks that I knew from my youth who seem to either only think of themselves or who are so afraid of change that they are willing to vote for a misogynistic, racist, nationalistic....I could go on and on for all the ways this current administration (including the majority leader in the senate). It's heartbreaking, I want to live in a world where we care about each other. I can accept you live your life differently with different values but don't make me live the same way. You can pray in your public school but do it without making me do it. Imagine if I forced you to go through the motions of a religion you didn't believe in? I'm not so polly-anna that I think the work is easy but in the words of Paul Wellstone : "We all do better, when we all do better"

                Comment


                  #23
                  At this point, I could care less about policies and my money. I want someone in office who cares about the American people, doesn't blatantly lie, respects people who are different from him and doesn't fire someone just because they disagree. I also want someone who is focused on the job and not on watching the news and tweeting. It will be nice to have a president who is not always on social media accusing someone of doing something wrong. I am a Democrat but if Trump was the Democratic candidate, I would not have voted for him. (I would hope the Republican would be someone who I respected (though we may not agree)).

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by GoodLiving View Post
                    Like many of you, I definitely voted against the current president. Like some of you, I also don't know that I trust most politicians. Our country is based on keeping a few in power not representing all folks. We are a two party system and I think that needs to change. We need to have multiple parties that would require collaboration not just the red team or the blue team. We need campaign finance reform. We need to end the lifetime premium healthcare and lifetime pension after 5 years of service. Their benefits should mirror the average person so they remain aware of what the average person's life is like. I'm not a religious person but I do appreciate the concept of Matthew 25:40 Whatever you did for the least of these brothers and sisters of mine. you did for me. And lest you think I'm delusional, I don't expect "our" representatives to go for these ideas....

                    I just don't understand how folks that I knew from my youth who seem to either only think of themselves or who are so afraid of change that they are willing to vote for a misogynistic, racist, nationalistic....I could go on and on for all the ways this current administration (including the majority leader in the senate). It's heartbreaking, I want to live in a world where we care about each other. I can accept you live your life differently with different values but don't make me live the same way. You can pray in your public school but do it without making me do it. Imagine if I forced you to go through the motions of a religion you didn't believe in? I'm not so polly-anna that I think the work is easy but in the words of Paul Wellstone : "We all do better, when we all do better"
                    Slightly off topic, but I hear your sentiment on the two-party system, Blue and Red. But watch what's happening - I believe there is an emerging "Orange" party. Republicans know their party is losing influence. The popular vote is rarely theirs and the electoral college designed in their favor is losing its advantage. But by giving an "un-candidate" power because he would win votes, they've mobilized a base which believes America should have been founded on religious principle and should be exclusive to their interests. Problem is, the ruling team appears to be in it for their own interests. Kudos, they've found a vulnerability in our democracy and a way to flip the balance of power. It's been exploited successfully and they are making untold sums of money. Their base doesn't give a damn about truth as long as they believe they are bringing God back to America and securing what's theirs.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by ua_guy View Post

                      Slightly off topic, but I hear your sentiment on the two-party system, Blue and Red. But watch what's happening - I believe there is an emerging "Orange" party. Republicans know their party is losing influence. The popular vote is rarely theirs and the electoral college designed in their favor is losing its advantage. But by giving an "un-candidate" power because he would win votes, they've mobilized a base which believes America should have been founded on religious principle and should be exclusive to their interests. Problem is, the ruling team appears to be in it for their own interests. Kudos, they've found a vulnerability in our democracy and a way to flip the balance of power. It's been exploited successfully and they are making untold sums of money. Their base doesn't give a damn about truth as long as they believe they are bringing God back to America and securing what's theirs.
                      I'll simply say that I believe you're very mistaken. Those are extremely overgeneralized, emotionally charged statements that simply don't reflect reality for the majority of Republicans. Vocal fringe? Perhaps. But you're demonizing people based on the loud-mouthed leaders of a party that is widely recognized as having departed from its base (as you refer to yourself).
                      "Praestantia per minutus" ... "Acta non verba"

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by kork13 View Post
                        I'll simply say that I believe you're very mistaken. Those are extremely overgeneralized, emotionally charged statements that simply don't reflect reality for the majority of Republicans. Vocal fringe? Perhaps. But you're demonizing people based on the loud-mouthed leaders of a party that is widely recognized as having departed from its base (as you refer to yourself).
                        Respectfully, I don't believe I am. There's a lot of investigation into the finances of the trump administration and his family and their misuse of power to make themselves more money. It follows appointing unconventional judges and justices at the highest levels to accomplish an agenda that by all measures appears to be against the will of the popular vote. To loop back to the original post, it's why I voted for Biden, even if it may go against my financial interests. I cannot fathom or tolerate what is happening - especially the behavior, lies, and bending of power to cover these things up. So many of the administration's appointees have been accused of wrongdoing and criminal acts, and there's very credible information that there was a campaign of foreign influence which was ignored, maybe even permitted, by the current administration. I could not vote to continue that, out of love and respect for the country I live in.

                        I am demonizing the people who have proven to do wrong. I don't feel I am emotionally charged. These are my ongoing thoughts and responses to the original post as it relates to the discussion.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X