It is always so nice when one of your favorite stores offer price matching. After all, it allows you to get the best price while still shopping at your usual places. Many of us shop regularly at Walgreens. If you’re one of those shoppers, then do you know about the price match guarantee at Walgreens?
What is Price Matching?
Just to clarify, a price match guarantee means that a store says that if you can find the exact same item at another store at a lower price, then they will honor that lower price. Therefore, you can always get the lowest possible price on an item if you know these two things:
- A store’s price matching guarantee rules
- The lowest available price on an item in the area
There are always rules and regulations that limit price matching. Nevertheless, this can be a great way to save money on the items you regularly purchase. You can also use it to get the best deals on your rarer purchases, too.
Does Walgreens Have a Price Match Guarantee?
Not all stores offer price matching. Therefore, you have to check out each of your favorite stores to find out what they offer. Yes, there is a price match guarantee at Walgreens. However, it’s a limited guarantee
What Is the Price Match Guarantee at Walgreens?
According to their website, the price match guarantee at Walgreens says:
“Upon request, Walgreens stores will price match to Walgreens.com regular price.”
In other words, Walgreens in-store locations will honor their own online prices if the online price is lower than the in-store price.
For example, this Reddit user shared a deal, emphasizing that Walgreens would honor their online price in store.
Terms and Limitations of Walgreens Price Matching
In addition to only matching their own online prices, Walgreens stores have the following limitations on their price matching:
- The item purchased in store must be EXACTLY the same as the one available for sale on Walgreens.com.
- Certain price exclusions apply including online sales, price typos online, and pricing on a different day on the website.
- Furthermore, they won’t price match on extra services inducing photo, pharmacy, vision, and health services.
- If the item is not in stock in the store, then that’s too bad. You don’t get a rain check.
What to Do If You Believe You Should Get Price Matching
If you think that your purchase qualifies for Walgreens price match guarantee, then you should do the following things:
- Bring the website up on your phone to show to the cashier at checkout. You may not use screenshots, printed snapshots of the website, or other version.
- The cashier or another Walgreens team member will review and determine whether or not your purchase qualifies for the lower price.
- If it does qualify, then you will receive the lower price immediately.
Note that you’re only allowed to use one price matching option per day.
As you can see, there are a lot of limitations to the price match guarantee at Walgreens. It’s great that they offer it at all, but it’s certainly not one of the best ones out there. Take the time to shop around to see if you can get a better price elsewhere. Since they won’t match their competitors, you might have to go shop at those other stores if you’re trying to stay frugal.
- What Is The Price Match Guarantee at Walmart?
- What Is The Price Match Guarantee at Home Depot?
- What Is The Price Match Guarantee at Fred Meyer?
If you enjoy reading our blog posts and would like to try your hand at blogging, we have good news for you; you can do exactly that on Saving Advice. Just click here to get started.