Where is the best place to buy stamps online? I always head straight to the USPS website. After all, the post office is where I’ve always bought my postage stamps. Why wouldn’t I buy them from the post office online? However, maybe that’s not the best place to buy stamps online. Let’s explore all of the options.
Is the Post Office the Best Place to Buy Stamps Online?
It just seems really obvious that you would get your stamps at the post office. As we’ve moved to online shopping, I’ve been quick to just go to the post office’s website. Right there on the home page is the “quick tools” option. Under that is the easy option to “buy stamps.”
The main reason that I think this is the best place to buy stamps online is that it offers the most variety. If there are stamps available, this site is going to have them. You can filter your stamp options by:
- Denomination as well as the total price
- Number of stamps; by format (single, a book, a sheet, a roll, etc.) or by the actual quantity
- “Product type” in case you want forever stamps, Over 55 cent stamps, etc.)
- Mail service (first class, priority, etc.) and envelope type (such as postcard)
- Theme (patriotic, wedding, holiday)
- Issue year from 2004 until the present
- Stamp shape; did you know that in addition to squares, there are vertical and horizontal rectangles and even circles?
It’s easy to browse. It’s easy to find any type of stamp you’re looking for.
In fact, you can even sign up for USPS stamp subscriptions. You select either a first stamp roll, a first stamp book, or a postcard roll of stamps. Then you select whether you want the delivery to come once or twice per month for either six months or twelve months. It’s such a great way to automate your stamp purchases if you use postage stamps regularly.
Print Your Own Stamps at Stamps.com
If we’re talking about the best place to buy stamps online then naturally Stamps.com comes to mind. After all, the name itself indicates that it’s an online resource specifically for stamps. However, you can’t just go to the site and buy stamps. You have to sign up for their service.
With Stamps.com, you pay a $17.99 per month fee. This fee allows you to get a digital scale for properly weighing your mail. You’ll also get some supplies for printing your own stamps at home. The reason people like this service is because they can do everything themselves at home then just send the mail out with the mail carrier when they arrive.
You also get a discount on postage. So, even though you pay a fee, you may offset your costs with your postage purchases. Overall, Stamps.com is only the best place to buy stamps online if:
- You ship a lot of stuff regularly.
- The convenience of printing postage and shipping from home is worth an added cost.
Buy Postage Stamps at Amazon
You can get everything at Amazon these days from the books they launched the site with to the popular $7000 tiny home that recently went viral and sold out. Therefore, it should come as no surprise that Amazon may be the best place to buy stamps online.
A quick scan for postage stamps on Amazon brings up myriad options. You can filter those out to find stamps that you can get through Amazon Prime, “subscribe and save,” and using free shipping. If you’re a regular Amazon shopper, then it definitely makes sense to consider getting your stamps here. While they don’t have the broad range of designs that USPS.com offers, Amazon does offer different denominations and themes.
Buy Postage Stamps Online at Walmart
If you have ever wondered whether you can buy stamps at Walmart, the answer is yes. Have you ever wondered if you can also buy them through Walmart online? The answer is still a definitive yes.
Go to the Walmart website. Search for postage stamps. You’ll see a whole array of options open up in front of you. Most people end up purchasing either the book or roll of Forever Stamps. However, you can get different designs and different stamp denominations through Walmart as well. Do note that they sell sheets, books, and rolls online but you can’t get individual stamps.
The great thing about getting stamps through a site like Walmart or Amazon is that you can get the other things that you might need at the same time. For example, if you need stamps, then you might also need envelopes. Perhaps you will need tape to seal your package. Whatever it is, you can order it all in one stop which might make a site like Walmart the best place to buy stamps online.
Other Popular Places to Buy Stamps Online
There are also plenty of other places online that sell stamps. You can review the prices, but generally, they are comparable to one another. Most of them don’t sell single stamps but instead sell books or sheets. Some sell rolls or coils. Depending on how many stamps you need, you may have to shop around. With that in mind, here are some of the other places where you can easily buy stamps online:
- eBay is a good place if you’re not in a rush and are willing to wait for a deal. Be sure to clarify that they are unused from the buyer before making your bid.
- Office Max offers books and coils of Forever Stamps as well as books for postage stamps for sale online. Interestingly, many other office supply stores, such as Staples, do not sell stamps online.
- Boxed.com is a great place to buy things in bulk online. They sell sets of 100 Forever Stamps.
- Minted.com offers stamps that are custom designed by artists. They come in postcard (35 cent), 1 oz (55 cent), and 2 oz (70 cent) denominations. They are sold in books of twenty.