It’s amazing where technology and the internet have brought us over the years. More people are utilizing online resources to make both supplement and full-time incomes. While it still takes work and consistency, this can be a great source of revenue but how do you make money online? Here are a few common ways to make money online:
- Online Surveys. If you like to share your opinion often, online surveys make be a perfect fit for you.¬†While it may not¬†make you rich, you can make some extra cash without putting forth a lot of effort. Sites like Swagbucks and Cashback Research are viable options.
- Playing Games. Yes, you can get paid for playing games online. While they are not your typical Xbox games, you may still find yourself enjoying playing for cash. Cash Dazzle, GSN Cash Games and Second Life are common sites to use. Swagbucks goes beyond paying you for surveys and includes games as well. Terms vary by site, so be sure to know how each works prior to cashing in.
- Blogging. This is a perfect option to make money online if you love writing and can do it consistently. Whether to use a side income or turn into a full-time job, you can earn a decent amount from doing so. There are a variety of ways through ads, selling products your audience wants, memberships and the like,¬†but you need to make sure to drive the traffic to your site first. We won’t go into the details of how to get started, but Copyblogger is a great resource to reference. Blogs surprisingly can make $10,000 or more each month, depending on what route you take (and how often you write).
- Selling Merchandise. Whether it be handmade or old furniture, you can use websites to sell your craft or unwanted household items. Ebay, Craigslist and Etsy are all examples of popular sites that are fairly easy to sell on. If you want to make better sales, practice these three rules: quality images, be honest and execute excellent customer service. Your ratings will thank you.
- Work-At-Home Companies. Whatever your life situation may be, working at home may be really appealing to you for a variety of reasons. What is nice about many of these websites offering remote work is that you can often choose how frequent or how much you will take on. It all depends on your goals for trying to make money online. Crowdsource¬†has you trained to qualify for certain tasks, and the more you do, the more you for that you qualify. Speak Write is another option but differs from Crowdsource in that it specifically focuses on work that involves you transcribing scripts. As you can see, you have a lot of options to work from home.
- Design an App. If you are really computer-savvy, this may be the perfect option for you. Money can be made through charging for the app, in-app ads or charging for upgrades and features. Developer beware, though; this is much harder to do than it sounds.
- Become and investor. You can place some of your money into the stock market online or through apps on your smartphone. One great app for investing is the Robin Hood app for iPhone, which offers completely free stock trades. You can also download the Acorns app on iOS or Android.
- Resume Help. If you are good at putting together a resume, you can help other people better their resume and make some extra cash while doing it. In fact, some career advisors are able to make a living by simply helping people create and/or polish their resumes.
- Use your editing skills. Do you know your grammar rules? Can you write well? Plenty of online news websites and blogs need editors. Sometimes this can be a part-time or full-time position and, with some companies, can even provide some benefits.
- Start your own website. If working for someone else’s website does not appeal to you, you can create your own and monetize it through different advertising sources. You can also make money creating websites for others if you find you are good at it. Many people often need help starting their own websites. You can make money doing this for them.
- Manage social media. Many companies look for people to manage their social media accounts: post, reply to comments and interact with their audience. This can pay pretty well and ranges from part-time to full-time.
- Become a ghost writer. Ghost writing is writing for others. People post your writing on their website but you do not get a byline. These pieces can pay anywhere from $35 up to $250 and can provide steady supplemental income.
- Find a virtual assistant position.¬† There are numerous companies looking for virtual assistants to reply to emails and monitor websites. This can (and has) become a career for some people.
Have you done any of these yourself? Do you plan on trying any?
Photo: Flickr: BigOakFlickr
Get Your FREE Book Now
Enter your name and email address to get your FREE copy of "Guide to Shopping at Costco."