Whether you are looking to just add some extra money to your saving’s account or need to pay off a looming debt, these are just a few ways that you can make some money in a short amount of time legally:
- Sell your time. Babysitting, yard work and the like are ways to make some quick cash on the weekends (or even during the week). Reach out to friends and family to start who you know may need some babysitting services or yard work done. You can name your price, but be realistic. Babysitters these days are earning up to $15 an hour.
- Online surveys. Sites like Swagbucks.com will pay you for taking surveys. Sometimes you are paid in cash and other times you are given gift cards with these sites. But, make sure to do extensive research on these sites. Many are scams or promise to pay you but don’t. While you may not always get straight cash, gift cards are still be a form of cash for you to use.
- Donate your plasma or sell your hair. You can trade your plasma, which is found in your blood, up to twice a week for cash. As you donate your plasma, you can be compensated for your time doing so. Checking out those larger clinics in the cities will probably pay your more money. You can also sell your hair if it is healthy (untreated hair, regularly shampooed and brushed, etc.). You should find a seller before you cut your hair though. There are sites online you can use, but check reviews and ensure you have the sale finalized always before providing your hair. You could also sell to a wig company, but be sure to ask them what their requirements are for buying. The longer your hair, the more money you are likely to earn from it. You should be in good health before considering either of these routes.
- Sell items on Craigslist, Ebay and Flea Market pages. Have some gently used items or furniture you no longer needing or using? You can sell items you own online through sites like Ebay, Craigslist and even Facebook Flea Market pages. You can set your own prices for the items, but there is a strategy involved. Clothes do not sell as well as bigger items, unless they are brand new or still have the tags attached, but you can sell clothes by the bundle in order to turn around cash faster.
- Use your YouTube channel to your advantage. If you already have a YouTube channel with several followers, you may be able to begin to turn this into a way to generate some cash. If you consistently have many views on your videos, you could earn money from ads by connecting your channel to a Google AdSense account. To begin, you need to enable your account for monetization. Your pay is not determined by the amount of followers (although, having a strong starting audience is helpful), but by how many people watch the ads or click the ads that play before your video. Here is a quick overview on a step-by-step how-to for making money on YouTube.
- Review websites. If you’re looking for a little extra cash, try reviewing websites. You can go to UserTesting.com and review websites. For every 20 minutes you spend reviewing websites, you get $10.
- Become an Uber or Lyft driver. This is a no-brainer. If you have a reliable vehicle, you can make some fast money by spending some time driving people around.
- Get paid to search the Internet. Qmee is an innovative program that allows you to be paid for searching the Internet. Simply put an add-on on your browser and conduct your searches as normal. There may be added sponsored content when you search, but you’ll be getting paid!
- Get on Clickworker. Clickworker is a great way to make some extra cash fast. The company assigns you a task. You will usually end up doing data entry, web research or form filling. Then you get paid via PayPal. You choose when you would like to work and it is fast cash.
- Sell your notes. If you are in school or recently graduated, you can sell your notes online. Websites like Notesale will allow you to post your notes for specific classes. You can type them or scan handwritten notes and upload them to the site as a PDF.
- Recycle your old phones. Most of us have an old phone (or two) sitting around. You can receive money for recycling these phones. If you have a newer smart phone you can also sell your phone on websites like eBay and Craigslist for extra cash as well.
- Grab a gig on Fiverr. Fiverr has become more popular recently. The website allows people to market their skills to others and people seeking someone to do work will choose you based on what you have to offer. You can do just about anything on the site (there is a man selling his pranks). It is a great way to make a few extra bucks.
Of course, some of these options do include still doing some work, but you can still get that money in your hands faster and with less traditional effort doing the above. You may not be able to necessarily rely on these options as lucrative ways to make a living (especially selling your hair and blood), but at least you can those funds quickly for whatever purpose you may need them. If nothing else, it will be some extra cash in your pockets.
Have you discovered any quick ways to make some extra cash?
Photo: Flickr: Tax Credits