Veterans Day is fast approaching and there are many establishments who want to participate in thanking our veterans by providing discounts. The companies who are offering these types of deals for veterans are doing so to show their appreciation on a day devoted to just that.
Below are travel and recreation discounts for veterans that will be available Nov. 11, 2015. Take note that that most businesses require proof of military service, which can include a VA Universal Access Card, Military I.D., DD-214 (Discharge Papers), Veterans Service Organization Card (VSO’s include groups like the VFW, DAV, AmVets, MOAA, FRA, and the American Legion), or in some cases businesses will accept a picture of the veteran in uniform. If you plan to take advantage of these deals, please contact the nearest establishment to make sure they are participating in the offer.
• 9/11 Memorial and Museum – Veterans will receive free Museum admission from Nov. 7 to Nov. 11.
• Army Corp of Engineers Recreation Areas – The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will waive day use fees for veterans, active and reserve component service members, and their families at the USACE-operated recreation areas nationwide on November 11.
• Colonial Williamsburg – Active duty military, reservists, retirees, veterans, and their direct dependents receive free Colonial Williamsburg admission for Veterans Day weekend (Nov. 6–11).
• Harley-Davidson Museum – The Harley-Davidson Museum is offering free admission to active military, veterans and their families on Nov. 7, 8, and 11 in honor of Veterans Day.
• Killington Resort – Active Duty, Retired and Honorably Discharged members of the military receive a complimentary lift ticket on November 11.
• Knotts Berry Farm – Knott’s Berry Farm is offering free admission for veterans and active duty military personnel and one guest, as well as 6 additional tickets for a discounted price from Nov. 1, 2015 to Dec, 20, 2015.
• Mariners’ Museum – Military members receive a special $5 admission price on Nov. 11.
National Parks – On Veterans Day, November 11, veterans will have access to over 100 National Parks that require entrance fees for free.
• National Veterans Day Run – The National Veterans Day Run on November 11 offers veterans and active duty military a reduced-rate entry into the race, as well as discounted rates to their spouses and children between 13 and 18 years of age.
• Westgate Resorts – Starting Nov. 11, the first 2,500 eligible service members who complete the online military appreciation form will receive a complimentary three-day, two-night vacation. Veterans who don’t qualify are eligible for a 25 percent discount.
• UFC GYM – Veterans and active duty military as well as their families get free total gym access from Nov. 11-15 at participating UFC GYMs. UFC GYM is also offering a special Basic Training themed Daily Ultimate Training class on Nov. 14.
• World of Coca-Cola – Active duty, reserves and retirees get free admission year-round, and Nov. 5 through Nov, 15, members of the Armed Forces may also purchase up to four half-price general admission tickets for their friends and family.
If you plan to take advantage of any of these free and discounted deals for Veterans Day 2015, be sure to call the location to insure that you can benefit from it.