Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Are You Doing To Build Passive Income?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real estate. Currently netting around $27k/yr. Haven't picked up anything new since 2017 but I made an offer on 2 properties this morning that should add another $9k-ish from the start, more after upgrades. New doors will be managed by someone else so pretty passive aside from some book keeping work for tax purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by disneysteve View Post
      I'm investing in stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and ETFs. Once we are ready to retire, that portfolio will be our source of income in the form of interest, dividends, capital gains, and when necessary or with RMDs, selling of shares.
      For 2020, our portfolio generated $43,500 in income. It all got reinvested but once I am retired, we'll start drawing out that income to support our expenses. By then, the income will hopefully be in the $60,000+ range and we'll sell shares to make up the difference.
      Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
      * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
      * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Originally posted by disneysteve View Post

For 2020, our portfolio generated $43,500 in income. It all got reinvested but once I am retired, we'll start drawing out that income to support our expenses. By then, the income will hopefully be in the $60,000+ range and we'll sell shares to make up the difference.
        Um wow. How did you figure that out? I guess I should start digging what we have.
        LivingAlmostLarge Blog

Comment

Originally posted by LivingAlmostLarge View Post

Um wow. How did you figure that out? I guess I should start digging what we have.
          Not hard at all. Just take a look at your year-end statements. They will list year to date income for each account. For taxable accounts, the 1099s will also give you the info.
          Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
          * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
          * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

I have a pretty large passive income because I have three flats in Miami. One is a two-bedroom with a good renovation in the Miami Beach area. And two two-bedrooms, they're not in perfect condition, but even so, I have tenants who rent them. I also managed to buy some bitcoin during the cryptocurrency crash in July, and it's worth a bit more now. Many people think it will rise in value soon, so I am hesitant about what I should do with it. Get a bitcoin tarjeta de debito to spend it gradually, or wait. I'm just afraid it will go back to its original value.
            Last edited by surfius; 08-30-2021, 03:14 PM.

Comment

I invest in stocks and also have a small percentage allocated in cryptocurrencies (BTC, ADA, ETH and newly SOL).

Comment

Working...
              X