Announcement

Collapse

Trading Markets and Most Banks Closed Thanksgiving (Thursday, November 22nd)

Trading markets and most banks will be closed for Thanksgiving (Thursday, November 22nd). Plan accordingly.
See more
See less

My Digial Marketing/Sales Journey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Digial Marketing/Sales Journey

I always wanted to create and sale a product online. So, I did a little research and created a 2 hour instructional video. Total cost probably ran about 75 bucks, I had most of the necessary equipment. Recording and editing took about a week. ( Non-stop work ) However, that was the easy part. The content represented what I enjoy and do on a daily basis. Now comes the hard part; trying to sale my product online. I was completely clueless and now I am only a little bit clueless

None of my business friends or colleagues sale online and I want to inform them once I learn how to do this myself. I decided to use facebook and purchase ads. (1) Facebook has a huge audience - nearly 2 billion users; over 200 million in the U.S. alone. (2) You can build your own personal audience with or without ads. I'm not a social media person, so I had to start from scratch. I am now at about the 7th week mark and have about 111 Facebook friends

Here are my current stats:

Leads: 177 - the amount of people that clicked on my ad and visited my website
    Cost per lead: $2.93
    conversion rate: 1.69 % This represents the amount of people that visited my website and made a purchase

My thoughts:

I did a little research and it seems that the industry standard is the following: cost per lead $1.06 and conversion rate 13.58%
    Im operating at a loss but I think that will change soon. My facebook friends total will be bigger and facebook has an algorithm that will over time advertise to your specific target audience. Theoretically, Im throwing a huge net into the ocean and trying to figure out where most of the fish are congregating at. Once I figure out where they are at, I will concentrate my advertising dollars in those key spots. Also, a change Im considering is a monthly subscription based service. This creates a low barrier to entry.

I really love Facebook for advertising!! Compared to other similar services, it is extremely affordable. How are you tracking conversions? Is it just a click-through to the site or a purchase? It looks like you're doing really well so far

Comment

Originally posted by prosper View Post
      I always wanted to create and sale a product online. So, I did a little research and created a 2 hour instructional video. Total cost probably ran about 75 bucks, I had most of the necessary equipment. Recording and editing took about a week. ( Non-stop work ) However, that was the easy part. The content represented what I enjoy and do on a daily basis. Now comes the hard part; trying to sale my product online. I was completely clueless and now I am only a little bit clueless

None of my business friends or colleagues sale online and I want to inform them once I learn how to do this myself. I decided to use facebook and purchase ads. (1) Facebook has a huge audience - nearly 2 billion users; over 200 million in the U.S. alone. (2) You can build your own personal audience with or without ads. I'm not a social media person, so I had to start from scratch. I am now at about the 7th week mark and have about 111 Facebook friends

Here are my current stats:

Leads: 177 - the amount of people that clicked on my ad and visited my website
      Cost per lead: $2.93
      conversion rate: 1.69 % This represents the amount of people that visited my website and made a purchase

My thoughts:

I did a little research and it seems that the industry standard is the following: cost per lead $1.06 and conversion rate 13.58%
      Im operating at a loss but I think that will change soon. My facebook friends total will be bigger and facebook has an algorithm that will over time advertise to your specific target audience. Theoretically, Im throwing a huge net into the ocean and trying to figure out where most of the fish are congregating at. Once I figure out where they are at, I will concentrate my advertising dollars in those key spots. Also, a change Im considering is a monthly subscription based service. This creates a low barrier to entry.

What type of marketing services do you provide? and what type of business are you going after?

Comment

Working...
      X