Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Digial Marketing/Sales Journey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by prosper View Post

    Im using mailchimp now. I love it so far. It allows me to put all of my emails in one spot and categorize them. Just curious, what does it cost to acquire an email from facebook?
    I am a fan of Mailchimp! It has a lot of really great options in the backend that make it super user-friendly. I'm not sure there's any direct way to get emails from Facebook (like the emails of your followers). We typically get email subscribers from social media through the "sign up" button on the page linking to our landing page. This article is pretty helpful...

    https://www.postplanner.com/how-to-c...facebook-fans/

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by disneysteve View Post

      I guess I just don't see how that benefits them. How does reading a blog post make the blogger any money. I'm not paying anything to read it. They aren't selling me anything. My ad-blocker takes care of a lot of the actual ads on various pages. And when there are ads, I ignore them anyway whether it's online, on TV, or in print. I've often had someone ask if I watched a particular show and when I say I did, they say, "Did you see that commercial for xyz?" I never have a clue what they're talking about because I watch the show. I don't watch the commercials. The same is true for websites.
      Ah - it benefits them because most blogs are getting paid per click or per impression. So, the more people that land on the page, the better. Some ads are "disguised" as "Read More" sections and things like that. That's how most bloggers make money. Ad revenue, affiliates, and reviews.

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by amastewa93 View Post

        Ah - it benefits them because most blogs are getting paid per click or per impression. So, the more people that land on the page, the better.
        So they get money just for me reading their post? Where is that money coming from? Who is actually paying them?
        Steve

        * Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
        * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
        * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

        Comment


          #19
          How about a site like this? Without giving away any company secrets, what's in it for you? There are no ads on these pages. Is income somehow generated by all of us posting here?
          Steve

          * Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
          * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
          * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by disneysteve View Post
            How about a site like this? Without giving away any company secrets, what's in it for you? There are no ads on these pages. Is income somehow generated by all of us posting here?
            Right now, no. Nobody makes any money from ads on the SA forums. Its a place to talk about money and related topics.
            james.c.hendrickson@gmail.com
            202.468.6043

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by james.hendrickson View Post

              Right now, no. Nobody makes any money from ads on the SA forums. Its a place to talk about money and related topics.
              So anyone who owns and operates the site does it for free? What about the tech people who do the programming and such? I've always wondered about that. There is another similar format (different subject matter) site that I'm active on and they do have ads and also run a travel agency and do other activities to generate income. So I've been curious about this site.
              Steve

              * Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
              * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
              * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by disneysteve View Post

                So anyone who owns and operates the site does it for free? What about the tech people who do the programming and such? I've always wondered about that. There is another similar format (different subject matter) site that I'm active on and they do have ads and also run a travel agency and do other activities to generate income. So I've been curious about this site.
                Well...in general websites make money at least four ways.

                1. running ads (there are plenty of ads on the rest of SA), just not on the forums.
                2. marketing companies (e.g. companies pay publishers to cover their product or client)
                3. syndicating their content (so other people pay you to use your content)
                4. commission based affiliate revenue (so when someone clicks on a link from your site to a product, and buys the product), the publisher gets a cut.

                SA is working all these models - just not on the forums.


                james.c.hendrickson@gmail.com
                202.468.6043

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by james.hendrickson View Post

                  Well...in general websites make money at least four ways.

                  1. running ads (there are plenty of ads on the rest of SA), just not on the forums.
                  2. marketing companies (e.g. companies pay publishers to cover their product or client)
                  3. syndicating their content (so other people pay you to use your content)
                  4. commission based affiliate revenue (so when someone clicks on a link from your site to a product, and buys the product), the publisher gets a cut.

                  SA is working all these models - just not on the forums.

                  Thanks for the info, James. That's very interesting. I only visit the forums and occasionally the blogs so I guess I just don't encounter the money-making parts of the site.
                  Steve

                  * Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
                  * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
                  * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by disneysteve View Post

                    I'm curious about this. Who are the people you are emailing? Is it people who have reached out and expressed interest in your product/service or is it a "cold call" list of addresses that you bought somehow? 37% open rate is really impressive so I'm guessing it is people who actually asked for the information. I'm sure the open rate on unsolicited emails isn't nearly that high. And if it's people who requested the info, how did they first find you?
                    with the blog post .. you're trying to reach an audience... if someone gets 30,000 people to come to a blog post a month.. many would come and go .. some would stay and come back for similar articles. once you build a following , you can then make money with ads but you can also repurpose to post link for affiliate products.. let's say your blog is about saving money. You might recommend a book on Amazon.. if that person buys the product from your link, you make a commission on it but plus a commission on any ad-ons within that same order.

                    If you're really great at writing about saving money .. you may offer a guide for a small fee and make money from the sale or offer a free guide and build an email list. .. the list goes on.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      wow nice. I'm a little bit jealous to see your progress. All the best!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X