Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Much Money Can You Make Online? Tell the Truth...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe it depends on what you've invested your time and money online. If you're betting then I would say you will most likely lose more money. I believe it depends on what you've invested your time and money online. If you're betting then I would say you will most likely lose more money. It's often said that you can expect to earn about $1 per subscriber per month. If you have a list of 10,000 subscribers, that means you can earn roughly around $10,000 per month. You will need to deliver value and not pitch them on every email, but it is a very achievable goal in a short period. I'm currently using the Walmart Affiliate Program which I chose after I read this review from https://affiliateghost.com/walmart-affiliate/, but also because the Walmart affiliate program is one of the most popular marketing performance-based tools and the number one retailer in the US.
    Last edited by AMorrison; 10-07-2020, 01:27 AM.

Comment

This has been an incredible year for selling online. Many sellers are crying in their beer and then some of us are so busy we can't see straight. After a bout with sepsis in Sept. 2019, as I was getting better, hubby's eyes got so bad he was banned from driving which meant that I have to do ALL the driving for us and take him to his appointments as well as my own. At one point he got an abscess in his eye, so even more frequent doc visits. On top of that our sales for March through June were tremendous with April and May gross sales about 3 times our normal. This entire year at this point is a good double normal. About $30K gross. Still have to take out expenses and overhead. The other day I was wondering why this year seemed to fly by, why I was totally exhausted, etc. Then I imagined my hand slapping my head. I was doing double what I usually have to do! I had every right to be tired.

Many sellers have had very low sales this year, but those that sell necessary items did better. I sold necessary items and I'm not talking about face masks or hand cleaner, Scrub uniform patterns were flying out the window in April and May. I was able to keep stocking up on everything that was selling well until October. But during the early part of the pandemic and them calling as many nurses in as possible, those who had been working desk jobs needed uniforms, and I would assume that most wanted a new clean uniform daily. So they were either making them for themselves or friends did it for them. I used to be able to whip up a scrub top in 45 minutes total. I was just very fortunate to this time have the stuff that was selling well and since I follow what it is and isn't selling, I got prepped for what I needed. Not a passive thing at all. I developed new paperwork to be sure I was reordering what was necessary. Something I now wish I had done years ago.

It is possible to make money online, but you sure have to be on your toes. I turned 65 and am wanting to slow down a bit and start doing some things for me! I am thinking of doing a vlog as well or maybe to keep up better with my blogs. So many things got waylaid this year. As with everyone I am happy to say goodbye to 2020. I realize that a lot hasn't changed, but it is time to think about our future and make some realistic plans.
      Gailete
      http://www.MoonwishesSewingandCrafts.com

Comment

Gailete, I think I know what you mean by the essential selling well. Just last night I was looking at webpages from people around my state, to see if I could more certainly direct my dollars to fellow citizens. I began to feel kind of sad about it because mostly what people were selling were boutique and decorative items. Even if they were selling household essentials, they were all frou-frou'ed up, such as hand soap with bits of rosemary and lavender in it. Sorry, but when I wash may hands I don't really want to have to wipe the organic debris out of the sink when I've finished. So the soap smells, goods, is cute, and homey, but not what I really want to wash with.

Gailete, is your webpage down? I was wondering whether you sell fabric as well as patterns because I was thinking people making scrubs might be having trouble finding fabric.
        "There is some ontological doubt as to whether it may even be possible in principle to nail down these things in the universe we're given to study." --text msg from my kid

"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." --Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Joan.of.the.Arch View Post
          I was thinking people making scrubs might be having trouble finding fabric.
          My wife doesn't make clothing but she does make various types of bags. She has definitely had issues getting fabric. I'm guessing a lot of it comes from overseas and the supply chains have been greatly disrupted. Plus many people are home doing a lot of sewing, making masks especially, so even people who don't normally use fabric have been buying it up.
          Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
          * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
          * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

from the podcast, "Side Hustle School" I found out about Amazon Merchant. Amazon merchant = Will put your image onto clothing for people to buy on amazon.
            Here's how it works : *after you apply and are approved for amazon merchant account.
            1) create 4500 x 5500 pixel image you want on your shirt/hoody/sweater/tanktop/ etc..... (expanding line of things they put it on).
            2) upload onto Amazon merch account.
            3) Choose options of colors, cuts, sizes, etc.... (front and/or back logo also).
            4) Promote or advertise it as you wish (if income is your goal, this is nearly a requisite unless you already have a promotion platform or demand).
            5) Amazon creates, fulfills, ships, everything to customers. You set the Profit % level you're happy with (you can even sell @ a discount, if you want to pump out brand recognition). And you'll get 1099 for your royalties every year, and the profits/revenues drop Amazon ---> your banking account monthly.

Truly passive income, after the IP (what ever image) you create is uploaded and the options are set. I have a few shirts for sale, but they're mostly inside jokes w/ my friends, simpsons jokes, our house brand, and I also put a few shirts up there for a local drone flying club my friend is a part of. (so they could all wear common shirts while doing their Thang!)

If you're curious of my brand stuff, feel free to search "DPHQ T Shirts" on amazon, and you'll see my DPHQ brand show up. I put almost no attention into these, as I haven't added anything in a few months. But every year I see a few $$ drop in every month or so. Mostly did this to go through the experience, experiment w/ advertising (it works.... you have to pay to play online), and dust off my Gimp 2.0 skills (always have a soft spot for comedic graphic design projects).

Anywho, pretty fail-proof process to make money. It's up to you to create design, support a cause, or generally create demand for the products. But it's as "passive income" as it gets for something you created!

Comment

Originally posted by amarowsky View Post
              from the podcast, "Side Hustle School" I found out about Amazon Merchant. Amazon merchant = Will put your image onto clothing for people to buy on amazon.
              I believe you can also do this at sites like Tee Public and Red Bubble.
              Steve

* Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?

Comment

Originally posted by disneysteve View Post

I believe you can also do this at sites like Tee Public and Red Bubble.
                Darn Toot'n Fig Newton! Although I never used them....

Question: Do you know if "tee public / red bubble" will auto link stuff to Amazon.com? (I actually have some sales from general public browsing amazon. I have never browsed Tee Public / red bubble, and assume I'm in the majority here as well). <---- Curious! because I would not mind trying additional suppliers. (i'm not married to amazon at all, just love the extrA attention it receives innately).

Comment

Originally posted by amarowsky View Post

Question: Do you know if "tee public / red bubble" will auto link stuff to Amazon.com?
                  I have no idea. I'm not in any way involved in this. I just know some folks that are.
                  Steve

Comment

Originally posted by disneysteve View Post

I have no idea. I'm not in any way involved in this. I just know some folks that are.
                    At this point... with your fame from our little forum community. I think you could SUCCESSFULLY deploy "Savings Advice : Disney Steve T's" with a reasonable frequency of sales!

Comment

Working...
                    X