Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post your financial goals for 2018

For us, it's simple:

$1M in savings. We're at $800k right now.

buy vacation/retirement house in the mountains
    Gunga galunga...gunga -- gunga galunga.

Comment

I haven't set any formal goals.

That said, as long as the market cooperates, I hope to join you with a $1M portfolio. We're around $970,000 at the moment.

I want to pay down our HELOC. It is currently about 14K and we will probably draw another 7K next month for tuition. After that, I'm hoping we can pay at least $1,000/month on it if not more.

That's the main stuff on the front burner right now.
      Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
      * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
      * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Resist the temptation to pay extra on the new mortgage.

Then the usual Roth (max it) and 401k (15k) goals.

On track to eliminate one car payment in 2018 - $450/month i won’t have to spend

Congrats to corn and Disney Steve for goals to reach the 2-comma club!

Comment

I'd like to pay off my existing debts (personal and business).

Grow my net worth by 10%.
          [email protected]

Comment

Hitting half a mil in our taxable accounts. We should be at around 280k by year end of 2017. If some of my individual stocks ends up doing well, then I'm hoping for 600k-750k by end of 2018.

Comment

My goals aren't as exciting to write home about as some of yours but here they are:

1. Make at least $50,000 in 2018 (I'm self-employed so my earnings depend on my input);

2. Pay off 10% of our mortgage.

Comment

Originally posted by SavingMoneyGoals View Post
                My goals aren't as exciting to write home about as some of yours but here they are:

1. Make at least $50,000 in 2018 (I'm self-employed so my earnings depend on my input);

2. Pay off 10% of our mortgage.
                Your goals don't need to match my goals to be significant. As long as they are significant to you, that's all that matters.

How long have you had your mortgage? Paying off 10% of it in a year sounds big.
                Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
                * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
                * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Most importantly incur $0 in medical expenses
                  $100k in retirement accounts
                  Continue to pay all CCs in full monthly
                  Knock 6 extra payments off mortgage
                  Continue to fund children's 529 on target
                  End the year with more in taxable accounts then I started
                  Spend a bunch on vacations and making lifelong memories with my family

Comment

Have $500,000 in the retirement accounts by the end of the year. We have $450,000, so it should be doable as long as the stock market doesn't tank.

Move! We have been looking for over a year. I'm tired of putting all of our plans on hold until we get this settled.

Have $20,000 in our daughter's college savings. As long as we don't change our monthly contribution amount, we should do this easily.

Comment

Originally posted by disneysteve View Post
                      Your goals don't need to match my goals to be significant. As long as they are significant to you, that's all that matters.

How long have you had your mortgage? Paying off 10% of it in a year sounds big.
                      We got the mortgage this year. I need to be careful about penalties for paying off too much in the first 3 years. It would be smart for me to re-check the agreement to make sure I'm not fined.

Comment

Our "big picture" goal is to increase net worth by $60,000. (Most of this would be investment gains).

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyMama View Post
                          Our "big picture" goal is to increase net worth by $60,000. (Most of this would be investment gains).
                          MM - do you guys have a plan to get there? Like adding more principal to your investments or changing your asset allocation?

I am asking because this is the part of personal finance that I love.
                          jam[email protected]

Comment

Move to the US with daughter and husband (we need to pass the lottery interview first) and be able to support ourselves there in the first months. It would be pretty rough.
                            Personal Finance Blog | Dojo's PF Musings

Comment

I havent really thought about financial goals yet.

We will begin paying mortgage on Jan 1...for the next 15 years.

Right now we have $786,000 in our accounts, retirement/savings/taxable. Unless market makes a correction which is very possible...would be nice to get above $900k by end of next year. Thats about all I can think of.

Comment

Working...
                              X