How much and what is your healthcare insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much and what is your healthcare insurance

How much do you pay a month for your health insurance? Do you have a HMO/PPO, HDHP, and employer provided or yourself? What made you choose what you did? How many people are you covering?

We're on a HMO/PPO for $145/biweekly for a family plan, $16/biweekly Dental, and $3/biweekly vision.

I'm curious what others are paying and how do the HDHP with HSA come out ahead. We aren't even offered the HDHP but looking at the numbers it'd have to be basically free for us to get ahead using it?
    LivingAlmostLarge Blog

We switched to a HDHP/HSA in September. The reason we switched it because it was the most affordable choice. Premiums just get worse and worse every year.

I can't tell you the price until I get home and have a pay stub to look at.

So far, I like the fact that we are paying bills with pre-tax dollars that we were previously paying with post-tax dollars by passing that money through the HSA first. Our medical expenses were never high enough to be deductible so this way we get a nice tax break that we couldn't get before.
    Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
    * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
    * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

We're on a family plan PPO through our employer - $238 bi-weekly (health) - $38 bi-weekly (dental) - $5 bi-weekly(vision).

Comment

I have a HDHP and after the discounts I only pay $10 per month.

Comment

Originally posted by puck36 View Post
          I have a HDHP and after the discounts I only pay $10 per month.
          What discounts? Does your employer pay for it?
          Steve

* Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?

Comment

Single HDHP - $56 a month for employee share plus $25 for dental

Comment

Cooliemae do you have an HDHP option through work? Would it make sense for you to buy your own HDHP?

Puck do you have an option for HMO? Why did you pick the HDHP? How much is that if HDHP is $10/month?

Mickey do you have an HMO option? How much is that? Why did you pick it?
              LivingAlmostLarge Blog

Comment

Originally posted by LivingAlmostLarge View Post
                Cooliemae do you have an HDHP option through work? Would it make sense for you to buy your own HDHP?

Puck do you have an option for HMO? Why did you pick the HDHP? How much is that if HDHP is $10/month?

Mickey do you have an HMO option? How much is that? Why did you pick it?
                HMO is $100 a month. I ran the numbers on all diiferent spending levels and the HDHP wins every time due to the tax savings of the hsa.

Comment

Kaiser individual plan for $300/mo
                  retired in 2009 at the age of 39 with less than 300K total net worth

Comment

Originally posted by disneysteve View Post
                    We switched to a HDHP/HSA in September. The reason we switched it because it was the most affordable choice. Premiums just get worse and worse every year.

I can't tell you the price until I get home and have a pay stub to look at.
                    We pay $353.59 every 2 weeks.
                    Steve

Comment

We have a PPO and pay $90 biweekly so $180/month. We are a family of 5.

Medical is $80 pay, Dental is $3 pay, and Vision is $0.18.

My DH works for a county government, we are very lucky but I think this is consider a cadillac plan and will be going away in a few years unless they make some changes to Obamacare.

Comment

I asked the same thing a month or so ago. I just found out last week our coverage is going up 6%, but the company is eating all of it, so our premiums we pay are staying the same.

Aprox 320$ a month for my wife and me on a 90/10 BCBS plan with 300indiv/600fam deduct and 2000$ out of pocket max. Kids are on GA state ins which is almost 100% covered med, dential, vision for 44$ a month on 3 kids.
                        Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes that reason is you're stupid and make bad choices.

Comment

We have a HDHP/HSA via Cobra. We were paying $1600/month for our family of 4. DD is now adulting and has her own insurance. We moved DS to his college plan for $1600/year. The payment for the 2 of us is now $1000/month. DH is back to work next week, and we will finally get away from Cobra! I have no idea what our new plan will be or what the cost will be, but look forward to saving some money!

Comment

Originally posted by disneysteve View Post
                            What discounts? Does your employer pay for it?
                            None smoker discount
                            The Preventive Plan discount

Comment

PPO $183.50
                              HDHP 103.48

Non-Tobacco discount $35

Healthy Living discount $60

Comment

Working...
                              X