Do you budget for food supplements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by myrdale View Post
    Some supplements are fat soluble, some water water soluble. You're body is going to expel what ever is in excess, especially of the water soluble.
    Just to clarify, yes, your body will get rid of the excess WATER soluble ones, like vitamin C. That's why a lot of people say supplements just give you really expensive urine.

However, FAT soluble things build up in your system and can be toxic. Vitamins A, D, E, and K are among the fat soluble supplements. You can overdose on those and suffer ill effects if you take too much.
    Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
    * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
    * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

I take a multi vitamin, whey protein, and a few sports supplements.
      I just lump them in with the grocery budget

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by bjl584 View Post
        I take a multi vitamin, whey protein, and a few sports supplements.
        I just lump them in with the grocery budget
        I'm in the same boat. Almost everything I get can be picked up at Costco, besides a pre-workout mix. So budgeting with groceries isn't a factor.

Now for people spending 25-50% on supplements in comparison to their grocery list, I'd probably question if they're focusing too much on that magic pill vs diet.
        "I'd buy that for a dollar!"

Comment

I do not. Frankly I do not trust supplements. Many are not FDA approved and who knows where they come from? I would rather invest the money in a better quality diet.

Comment

i take a multivitamin, but that's it. I try to eat a well balanced diet with the major food groups in reasonable proportion to each other along with exercise. Taking a medley of supplements for the layperson probably isn't the best idea, and might cause more harm than good (or provide no benefit at all) unless approved by your doctor.

Comment

We juice our vegetables and 3x a week I also take HYDROEYE which allows me to see much clearer during the day. I also juice kale, carrot & celery to keep my eye pain at bay and it helps my vision significantly

Comment

1 tsp with water daily. ChiaSeeds.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by QuarterMillionMan View Post
                  1 tsp with water daily. ChiaSeeds.jpg
                  Just curious, why not mix that into food? Does it digest well raw on its own? Just curious.

Comment

Sorry I didn’t see this sooner. When mixed with food it becomes jelly-like. I prefer not to let it gel and drink It fast. It helps move my bowels and digest well for me.

Comment

NAcetylCysteine.jpg

Comment

Working...
                      X