Door dash grub hub or Uber eats q?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by disneysteve View Post

I hope they gave you your money back, or resent your order.
    They offer to credit your account immediately for what you were charged, or charge back your debit card if you don't mind waiting 3-5 days.

But after the 6th or 7th time, having your food stolen by some low-rent carnival trash starts to wear on you. Mostly it's DoorDash's generally ambivalent attitude toward the whole thing.

And for whatever reason, I've never run into this with any other independent delivery service.

Comment

Originally posted by AJSimon View Post

They offer to credit your account immediately for what you were charged, or charge back your debit card if you don't mind waiting 3-5 days.

But after the 6th or 7th time, having your food stolen by some low-rent carnival trash starts to wear on you. Mostly it's DoorDash's generally ambivalent attitude toward the whole thing.

And for whatever reason, I've never run into this with any other independent delivery service.
      That’s nuts. I can’t blame you for never using them again. And it’s weird because often the same person will deliver for more than one company to keep busy, just like people drive for both Lyft and Uber.
      Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
      * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
      * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Pizza delivery is the one exception I'm willing to make.

We tried uber eats and doordash recently because we live close to services now, and they sucked. The food arrived late, cold, and the driver looked like a meth addict. I've never ridden in an uber and don't plan to and was hesitant to use them for food delivery- I have horrible things to say about the gig economy which I'll keep to myself. Long story short: The service sucked and I'd rather just go get food or have pizza delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by ua_guy View Post
          I've never ridden in an uber and don't plan to
          So very much better than a taxi all around. Cheaper, cleaner, friendlier drivers, etc. We haven't used them a lot but every time we have has been a great experience.
          Last edited by disneysteve; 02-06-2020, 09:11 AM.
          Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
          * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
          * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Originally posted by disneysteve View Post

So very much better than a taxi all around. Cheaper, cleaner, friendlier drivers, etc. We haven't used them a lot but every time we have has been a great experience.
            I will admit to harboring some weirdness on this one and that my views are very different from the norm. I'm not a big-city guy and avoid anything in dense urban environments and hate being dependent on a ride (uber OR taxi), or public transit. Someday my travels will force the issue but I'll cross that bridge when I have to. Yup, I'm weird.

Comment

Working...
            X