I want to track what I'v paid in debt to CCs and such. Because both my Discover account and bank account are linked to mint, it always appears as if I've paid nothing since the credit to one account negates the spending in the other. I guess I understand why they do this -- it dawned on me today when i was analyzing my spending for last year that I'm essentially accounting for purchases made with my CC twice because I categorize them when I make the purchase and then I count the payment made toward the CC.
If you're a detailed budget tracker, how do you account for CC payments in your budget?
If you're a detailed budget tracker, how do you account for CC payments in your budget?

) but it bothers me that my spending looks higher than my income for my YTD in 2011. I've finally figured out that this is why. I've been counting my CC payments in my "debt snowball" category but also counting the purchases in the appropriate category.
I guess this is just one of those areas where you have to make manual adjustments to your budget tracking.
Comment