No announcement yet.

The Crazy Tesla Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

camry size? all the time. If we had it we would want to be able to use it for the self-driving feature. But having had friends who have it, it's more expensive to stay at hotels right now and plan extensively where to charge it. Depending on where they go they end up using their car with gas.

Perhaps one day when it becomes ubiquitous
    LivingAlmostLarge Blog

Comment

Originally posted by LivingAlmostLarge View Post
      camry size? all the time. If we had it we would want to be able to use it for the self-driving feature. But having had friends who have it, it's more expensive to stay at hotels right now and plan extensively where to charge it. Depending on where they go they end up using their car with gas.

Perhaps one day when it becomes ubiquitous
      I had no idea so many people go on road trips using their own cars. I don't know if it's worth it putting on that much miles in a sedan is worth it to me. I rather just go to Hertz and get a Honda odyssey for a family trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Singuy View Post

I had no idea so many people go on road trips using their own cars. I don't know if it's worth it putting on that much miles in a sedan is worth it to me. I rather just go to Hertz and get a Honda odyssey for a family trip.
        I buy a car to drive it and take it wherever I want to go. I don't buy a car so that I have to turn around and rent another car when I want to drive somewhere. I think that the vast majority of people use their own cars when they travel. The only time we rent a vehicle is when we fly to our destination and then get a car to use while we're there.

And there's no need for us to rent an Odyssey as we own a Sienna, so if we want a van, we've got one.
        Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
        * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
        * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Same. Plus the sienna now is super useful for more than just a roadtrip. It's carpooling (i seem to do a lot of it). It's also for just carrying more stuff. My parents are in town again and it's nice to have only 1 car to go around instead of renting a minivan or driving 2 cars. And before we probably didn't have friends or family visiting as much. But now it's about 1x/month.
          LivingAlmostLarge Blog

Comment

Working...
          X