2017 Bonus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 Bonus

Just got my "Success Shares" bonus for 2018. Started a new fund Vanguard PRIMECAP (VPMAX). Lots of companies had a good 2017. Anyone else investing a bonus? What did you put it in?

I won't get a bonus until April.

No plans on what to do with it yet.
    It will be allocated for some type of investment however.
    Brian

Comment

My go to taxable investments are Berkshire Hathaway and Vanguard Total Stock (VTI).

Iíll get my bonus in March but may use some for cash savings, IRS payment, and paying off the remaining balance of a car loan Iíve carried for 4 years.

Comment

Get mine at the end of Feb. All of it goes to savings (back door Roth and taxable). Roth's are bond index funds for tax efficiency. Taxable is 75% total US market index fund, 25% tot international index fund.

Or maybe I'll buy some bitcoin.
        Last edited by corn18; 01-19-2018, 04:59 AM.

Comment

I get a quarterly performance incentive. It's not large enough to have to think too hard about what to do with it. It goes into the checking account and gets used for normal spending, maybe a larger loan payment that month. Nothing too exciting.
          Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
          * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
          * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

We won't know what (or if) our bonus will be, but we usually put part of it in the 529, part for vacation, and part in savings. I'm expecting an usually small bonus, if anything, this year so it will probably only go to savings or the 529 this time.

Comment

No more bonus. The 401(k) employer match has been increased instead. It will probably come to about the same small amount for me, but will be spread out over the year. Co-workers who don't contribute to the 401(k) will be out of luck.

Comment

Working...
              X