2 comma club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexasHusker View Post
    I feel quite sure he has it tied up in something lol.
    captain obvious

Comment

Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
      * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
      * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Or perhaps he went with something more secure:

Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
        * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
        * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

60/40 portfolio (10% international) in low cost index funds. $300k is in easily accessible taxable accounts and Roth IRA's. The rest is tied up per uncle sam.

Comment

Congratulations! Very impressive to reach this milestone. How many years did it take you?

Comment

Originally posted by Like2Plan View Post
              Congratulations! Very impressive to reach this milestone. How many years did it take you?
              5 years. It has been interesting the last 2 years as my income has gone way up, I just keep saving more. Before I was on SA, I would have just spent more. I was quite proud when I cancelled my XM radio and unlimited car wash subscriptions yesterday. I certainly can afford them but didn't really need them, so they went. Sometimes I feel like I may not be able to contribute in a meaningful way to SA, but then stuff like this happens and it reminds me where I came from. Life is good.

Comment

congratulations!
                LivingAlmostLarge Blog

Comment

Annnnd, I'm back!

Last update. Just wanted to show that the market giveth, and the market taketh away. But over time, it has been very good to me.

Comment

Corn have you been here for 5 years already? Was this a taxable account that was 0? I think your story is one many people coming here can relate too.
                    LivingAlmostLarge Blog

Comment

Congrats...I am 40% to that goal myself.

Comment

I'm already 62 and on SS for disability and was wondering this weekend if it was at all possible for me (us) to get to that 2 comma club as well in about five years. I know even when hubby retires and assuming we are both alive, our SS won't be enough to support us, So my question is without a job paying great wages, how to do that? I figure working for a goal of $1,000,000 is better than not having any goals at all and achieving them. Having a goal of $1M and achieving 10% of that would be outstanding.

My on-line business, I'm in process to start moving all inventory big time. So that would be one item towards that goal and I don't play the lottery!

@Corn18 - congratulations on your success! That is terrific!
                        Gailete
                        http://www.MoonwishesSewingandCrafts.com

Comment

Working...
                        X