Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Biotech Trader Lounge

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Slug View Post
    Hope you are still satisfied, despite leaving another 35% on the table. I actually am fine with it.
    Yes, I know we missed another $2/share rise but I can't be all that upset about a 24% gain. Can't focus on what might have been. It could just as well have had trouble with the advisory panel and plummeted.
    Steve

    * Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
    * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
    * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

    Comment


      Originally posted by disneysteve View Post
      Yes, I know we missed another $2/share rise but I can't be all that upset about a 24% gain. Can't focus on what might have been. It could just as well have had trouble with the advisory panel and plummeted.
      Revisiting AFFY today. You don't want to look.

      Ok, I will tell you....$25+ a share.

      /cry I sold my last bit at $6.40 less than a year ago

      Comment


        Originally posted by KTP View Post
        Revisiting AFFY today. You don't want to look.

        Ok, I will tell you....$25+ a share.

        /cry I sold my last bit at $6.40 less than a year ago
        Ha, it's not the Biotech Buynhold Lounge! No regrets. I had no reason to hold that position. Happy for anyone that did though.

        Comment


          I actually have a remarkable track record of buying stocks, making nice profits on them, and then selling them only to watch them continue to climb far beyond where I sold them. So I'm pretty decent on the "when to buy" piece. It's the "when to sell" part that always gets me.
          Steve

          * Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
          * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
          * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

          Comment


            Originally posted by disneysteve View Post
            I actually have a remarkable track record of buying stocks, making nice profits on them, and then selling them only to watch them continue to climb far beyond where I sold them. So I'm pretty decent on the "when to buy" piece. It's the "when to sell" part that always gets me.
            Do you set trailing stops or just sell when you think it's topped? Evidentally a trailing stop here and there may help in your situation.
            The easiest thing of all is to deceive one's self; for what a man wishes, he generally believes to be true.
            - Demosthenes

            Comment

            Working...
            X