Letís talk 2000 Flushes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letís talk 2000 Flushes

Since we have digressed into soap bars...

For years, a friend of mine had a tablet next to his toilet with a pencil attached, and every time he flushed, he placed a mark on the pad. He always used 2000 Flushes from Walmart, and when it didn’t last 2000 flushes, he’d take the empty cartridge back and exchanged for a new one.

Has anyone actually monitored the 2000 Flushes product and tried to get a refund when it didn’t go that far?
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

And how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?

Comment

Bleach-Chlorine tablets that are put in the tank to freshen and clean your toilet will damage gaskets and seals in your toilets and cause them to leak. ... ďThis warranty DOES NOT COVER any damages caused by the use of in-tank cleaners or bleach tablets.
      Simple google search for 2000 Flushes

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jluke View Post
          Simple google search for 2000 Flushes
          Yeah they are bad news. We had a similar product when we first bought our house and it was great because it taught me how to replace the gasket and flapper valve on 3 different toliets. After that we used ones that hung over the side of the toilet.

Comment

Originally posted by MooseBucks View Post
            Yeah they are bad news. We had a similar product when we first bought our house and it was great because it taught me how to replace the gasket and flapper valve on 3 different toliets. After that we used ones that hung over the side of the toilet.
            I learned this lesson too. No more tablets in the tank for me.
            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by MooseBucks View Post
              Same here. We developed a leak in the tank and when I took everything apart, I found that the chlorine from the tablets had eaten right through the stem of the flushing mechanism.
              Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
              * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
              * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

I seem to remember a case several years ago where some students checked multiple bags of Chips-Ahoy because of the claim there were 1000 chips in every bag. To no one's surprise they found there were not 1000 chips in every bag.

The students tried to make some to do out of it that it was false advertising. Chips-Ahoy response was that there were in fact 1000 chips in every bag, only they were micro-chips. Too small to be practically measured by grade schoolers.

The engineer in me is partly intrigued by the measurement of the toilet disc. There is a lot more than just number of flushes that would go into this measurement. Duration between flushes, water temperature, water quality, volume in the tank. Is the disc cracked? That would erode it away exponentially faster.

Ultimately though, I'd toss the puck in the toilet, and go on my way. As ritualistic as I may be, keeping a log of every flush is a bit much.

Also consider 2000 flushes might be an average. If he gets 2200 out of one disc and 1900 out of another, he is still above average.

If he found he never got more than 1500 flushes I don't think I would bother.

If he regularly got less than 1000 I might be a little more concerned.

If it was less than 100 I'd pose the possibility of requesting my money back once and never going through this again.

Comment

Working...
                X