Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much is you car insurance for 6 months?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much is you car insurance for 6 months?

In Los Angeles this is mine's (with good driver discounts, no tickets, etc). Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5662.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	727990

$1,150 for 3 cars, 3 drivers, in southern NJ. All with full coverage. A 2018, 2011, and 2010.
    Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
    * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
    * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Is that for 1 car, 1 driver?? That's horrifying.

Our insurance is ~$400 for 6mo (DW & I, two 4y/o cars, much higher coverages -- $100k/$300k for liability, uninsured, & bodily injury, towing, comprehensive coverage).

One of many reasons why I hate driving in/around LA... I assume the high cost is due to a high number of accidents & damage as a result of the heinous traffic? Or high average crime or something? Whatever the cause, yikes, that's brutal.
      "Praestantia per minutus" ... "Acta non verba"

Comment

Yea Kork that is 1 car 1 driver. You are correct due to a lot of uninsured/underinsured (lots of hit & runs), high accidents due to bad drivers, and high crime. All of the above.

Comment

Someone has to pay for the freeloading uninsured dirt bags. May as well go after the working class some more.

We have 3 vehicles with full coverage. 2006, 2008, and 2009. Cost is around $650 for 6 months.

Comment

Well, that's not a declaration page from an actual policy listing coverages specific to you/your vehicle and their costs, that's a free quote from Allstate and it says it's a sample anyhow based on the same car and a 41 year old female I hope your current policy is less, because that looks like highway robbery.

We're like $1200 every 6 months. For 5 vehicles and 2 drivers, insured to win.

Comment

Ua guy it is a sample but it is the exact same amount I’m paying thru my insurer.

Comment

$1200 for 2 drivers 2 cars and not good drivers. Have you tried shopping around?
                LivingAlmostLarge Blog

Comment

LAL yes but all same or more. Los Angeles must be the highest in the nation.

Comment

Originally posted by QuarterMillionMan View Post
                    LAL yes but all same or more. Los Angeles must be the highest in the nation.
                    Actually boston/massachusetts is. It is so bad there they state had to step in to regulate costs because drivers were so bad.
                    LivingAlmostLarge Blog

Comment

$470 in Sacramento (We have two 2017 vehicles). That $470 is per car. Our rates went up like crazy when we moved here from the Bay Area. But it's been decreasing over time.

I was going to say though, that has got to be really the bare minimum insurance (first post). We have substantially more insurance coverage (including $500K liability). Some of that is because of our umbrella policy, and some might be because we have teen drivers.

Comment

$372 for 6 months.
                        PA, one vehicle. Full coverage
                        2016 F350

Brian

Comment

For the 2002 Frontier, I was paying around $300.

For the 2021 Tacoma, the price is closer to $700.

Both of those are 6 month full coverage.

Keep in mind, a big part of car insurance is having enough to cover the other guy if you are at fault, and the other guy may be driving a $60,000 car.

Comment

MonkeyMama, California law requires minimum bodily injury $15,000/$30,000 per accident and $5000 property damage.

What’s the Minimum Car Insurance I Need in California? (wawanesa.com)

I have $100,000/$300,000 per accident and $100,000 property damage. Guys think about this for a minute. If you only have the minimum and you're at fault and injure someone their hospital bill won't be $15,000, it'll be more like $500,000. Or if you rear end a Tesla the repairs won't be $5000, it'll be more like $50,000 or $100,000.

Comment

Originally posted by QuarterMillionMan View Post

[...] Guys think about this for a minute. If you only have the minimum and you're at fault and injure someone their hospital bill won't be $15,000, it'll be more like $500,000. Or if you rear end a Tesla the repairs won't be $5000, it'll be more like $50,000 or $100,000.
                              I was an insurance adjuster in a former life and couldn't agree more. Most accidents are pretty minor, all said and done. But some aren't. It's also the things most people don't think about. Multiple vehicle accidents where A pushes B into C, even if all the cars can drive away and they were cheap everyday cars to begin with. If you're only carrying $5k or $10k property damage, you're already spent.

My father in law was towing a single-axle travel trailer on his way to come visit us. The trailer was brand new, he just paid just over $20k for it. He was parked at a rest area when someone also towing a trailer got too close and scraped the side of his in the parking lot. It put a dent in the front corner and left a scrape down the side. Soon as I saw it-- I told him that's totaled. He thought I was joking. Nope. It was close in the end, but his insurance company wrote it off. Oops.

Comment

Working...
                              X