Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disneysteve
    replied
    Listed 2 items on ebay. I promised myself that after Christmas I'd get back to selling so it is time.

Leave a comment:

• disneysteve
    replied
    I gave away the item (actually 2 identical items) that I listed on Buy Nothing. Both people picked up today.

We went to Walmart today and I took a bag full of old eyeglasses to donate to the Lion's Club. They have a drop box at the Vision Center there.

I just got an offer, which I accepted, on an ebay listing. Only $2 less than my asking price and it's an item that cost me nothing anyway. Well, technically it cost me 75 cents back in the mid 80s but that's close enough to nothing. I'm happy to sell it for $13 instead of $15.

Leave a comment:

• disneysteve
    replied
    Listed one item on Marketplace (for my daughter actually as she cleaned out her closet this week).
    Listed one item on our Buy Nothing group that I haven't found a buyer for on Marketplace.

Leave a comment:

• disneysteve
    replied
    Originally posted by scfr View Post
    Conversely, I don't have enough clothes and need to buy some more.
    Speaking of clothes, during our Marie Kondo phase I went through my t-shirts and got rid of a couple dozen. Since then, I’ve gradually accumulated more from races and other events. I now have more than fit in the drawer again so it’s time to go through them once more. I’ll try to do that tomorrow.

ETA: Decided to do it tonight. Got rid of 6 of 25 shirts. Everything fits in the drawer now. Mission accomplished.
    Last edited by disneysteve; 12-25-2021, 05:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• scfr
    replied
    As we unpack the house, I have to say what a delight it is to see how much our decluttering / clutter prevention efforts have paid off over the years! In the interest of full disclosure, I still have too much paperwork and many photographs are still a disorganized mess. All other categories are good! Conversely, I don't have enough clothes and need to buy some more.

Leave a comment:

• disneysteve
    replied
    I'm trying to close out the year with some fresh decluttering. Over the past few days, I went through a bag full of small things that came home from my cousin's house, almost all of which got discarded one way or another. I cleared off a number of items that had been residing on my dresser for far too long. A Disney souvenir that had been sitting on the bedroom floor for an embarrassingly long time is finally appropriately displayed with the rest of the collection. Tonight I went through the shelf full of sheet music (I play the piano) and got rid of several books of music, some random sheet music, and some ancient piano lesson books.

A few days ago, DW and I were talking and I mentioned that I'd like us to go through our book shelves together sometime. We did that a few years ago when we discovered Marie Kondo and got rid of a lot, but since then I've realized that much of what we kept at that time really doesn't bring me joy either. Hopefully we'll do that sometime soon. If we could clear off a shelf, it would create space to better store/display some items that we do like.

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and I'm looking forward to more decluttering in 2022.

Leave a comment:

• disneysteve
    replied
    I just checked my email and was surprised to see that an ebay item had sold. Last time I looked earlier today, no items had bids. I didn't even notice that something was ending today.

The auction was for a lot of 40 assorted Masonic items, basically everything that I had left from my cousin's Masonic stuff. I previously sold numerous other items. I decided to just throw everything that remained up as a single lot.

Time to pack it up.

Leave a comment:

• disneysteve
    replied
    Cleaned out a couple of pantry shelves. Got rid of some long expired items and some stuff we’re just never going to use.

Leave a comment:

• LivingAlmostLarge
    replied
    threw out a dog syringes and extra needles.

Leave a comment:

• Joan.of.the.Arch
    replied
    It's been a long time since I cleared anything out of the house. Felt great to take two small boxes of goods to the St Vincent De Paul store, give away a big tote of Christmas ornaments and lights, and find a taker for vintage boxing gloves. But, darn, I left the wine glasses sitting in a window sill.

Leave a comment:

• disneysteve
    replied
    One thing I did when cleaning out my cousin's house was to go through all of his photo albums. I discarded hundreds of photos of things and places and cars (he was an antique car enthusiast) and just kept the people pictures and a lot of pictures of his two antique cars. I was able to get down from multiple albums of photos into one large shoe box.

Now I've started going through the shoe box with a more critical eye. I realized that I have many, many photos of his two cars. Once I have them all together, I'll wean it down to the best shots of each. I don't need to save a couple hundred photos of each car.

I've also already found quite a few more photos to trash as I've been going through the box. For example, there were some that I had thought were his car but when I looked closer I realized that they were actually of a similar car he had seen at a show.

Leave a comment:

• disneysteve
    replied
    Sold two things on ebay tonight. Will ship them out on Tuesday.

Leave a comment:

• disneysteve
    replied
    Originally posted by disneysteve View Post
    I just went in and lowered prices on a bunch of ebay listings that have been stagnant. Hopefully that helps move some items.
    Got a bid on one of them, a lot of 12 magazines. Looks like the lower price helped.

Leave a comment:

• disneysteve
    replied
    I just went in and lowered prices on a bunch of ebay listings that have been stagnant. Hopefully that helps move some items.

I'm holding off listing anything else until after Christmas at this point.

Leave a comment:

• LivingAlmostLarge
    replied
    Got rid of another two bags of stuff from the house and going to continue purging toys!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X