The Saving Advice Forums - A classic personal finance community.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just when you think you've seen it all . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just when you think you've seen it all . . .

Today I passed a gas station that had flipped a 2 upside down & backwards to make it look like a 5 for the first number in one of their gasoline prices. I guess the sign didn't come with enough 5's. When they starting needing more 6's that will be much easier (just flip those 9's). But what will they do when we hit $10+ and they don't have enough spaces???

At $10 you probably see demanding wasting.
    But, maybe a marker and some cardboard?

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by bjl584 View Post
      But, maybe a marker and some cardboard?
      That's funny!

Comment

There was a local gas station that made the news because it updated its pump LCD screens to include a 4th digit to "accommodate $10.00/gallon gasoline" where as the previous numbers would only display up to $9.99. This, of course, was spun by a particular news outlet to question if that meant $10.00/gallon gasoline prices were planned/coming (don't waste the opportunity for a good conspiracy).

My dad has sometimes used this particular station over the past, almost 30 years now.... because they sell racing fuel, like 104 octane, and the station is located a stone's throw from one of the premier motorsports tracks in the region. It's been over $5.00/gallon for as long as I can remember, and now with increased prices, racing fuel has reached $10.00/gallon plus.

The conspiracies made for a good story....and the gas station owner just shook his head. But who knows... $10/gallon for regular 85/87 octane could happen. But I think we have a ways to go before then.

Comment

costco only allows fills up to $100. My friend said I only fill $100 at a time, so she really has no idea how much a full tank would cost her Nissan Armada (large SUV) to fill up
          LivingAlmostLarge Blog

Comment

Originally posted by LivingAlmostLarge View Post
            costco only allows fills up to $100. My friend said I only fill $100 at a time, so she really has no idea how much a full tank would cost her Nissan Armada (large SUV) to fill up
            I didn't know that. Couldn't she do 2 transactions, one for $100 and another to fill up? I'd want to make sure I was filled up, especially after waiting in line which you often have to do at Costco.

Comment

Working...
            X