Advice on how to get off the Debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gailete View Post
    I would assume he is declaring his mother.
    Only if he is providing the majority of her support. If she gets Social Security or a pension or any other income, she may not be financially dependent on him.
    Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
    * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
    * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

He already confirmed that mom doesn't have SS, but then he says he only declares 0. I don't know if he means on his W2 because of course on his taxes he should at least be declaring himself on his tax forms. This is to me the very weird part of his story. I can believe about hookers no problem - and I bet he isn't the only one here that hasn't done that at least once, unless most here are just too frugal to pay for it. It is the tax and the immigration stuff that is weird. He and his mom come from the UK with her being too old and physically unwell to be able to work. Unless she gets a SS type amount from the UK for retirement, was her savings her only source of income when she came here? He doesn't seem to have much in the way of job skills either that would make the US want him. I know I don't know much about immigration law, but I thought a person had to prove that they could be self sustaining to come here. Especially why would the US agree to let an old infirm woman come here with just a few thousand in the bank knowing she won't get SS or MC from the US.

He apparently doesn't know US tax law well enough to be scared to death to be using someone's kid as a tax deduction if the mom won't be. I don't know what kind of money that woman males, but I know when I was a single mom I fought for every deduction on my taxes that I could find! The mom most likely would be a legitimate deduction for him as head of household - but then if you don't understand tax law at this point in time, you need to go to a tax professional who would never let you declare someone's kid as your own. Neither would TurboTax or the other software programs. I can't tell if he literally doesn't understand or is a troll like others have said as this part is ridiculous.

He steals from his mom and steals from the government and when he gets caught the best thing they can do is ship him back to the UK from the sounds of it. Mom of course would have to go too, as there is now no way that US tax dollars should be paying for her upkeep for the rest of her life.
      Gailete
      http://www.MoonwishesSewingandCrafts.com

Comment

Gailete, I think you are spending WAY too much time thinking about this.
        Steve

* Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?

Comment

Not really Steve, I went to college in Canada for 4 years and couldn't get off campus work. Sad thing was, my younger brother was born in Canada - why couldn't it be me? But it does make me think about these things. Also of the many book reviews that I do, I keep running into books where some guy making $100K+ dies and suddenly his wife has no income and the whole book is based on that and trying to figure out how to afford milk for starving children. Apparently not many authors understand SS benefits for widows with young children. Just as many authors don't understand medical problems. I've had difficulty with one author after she based a whole book on the premise that a child was born with MS yes MS, not MD!
          Gailete

Comment

Yes on my w2 I am single and I claim Zero lots of money get deducted but end of the year I get more, as you can always change your dependents during end of the year while filling taxes.

Moved to USA in 2009 by DV LOTTERY PROGRAM, and we got naturalized in 2014 as a USA citizen. We carry Dual Citizenship!

My mother is ALWAYS claimed on my Tax return but trust me I don't Benefit anything claiming her just couple of hundred Dollars from the state none from the federal. The good money is at EIC that everyone benefit if you ever wonder how do those millions of ILLEGAL Mexican claim their children they use the concept, THEY LET OTHERS claim their children!!

Financial Support was not a problem coming to this country due to the way we immigrated here plus also our home is Paid off too.

Social security is something that is based off how much one has worked in their lifetime in usa which mom has never worked here so she does not get any social security.

The only thing she may be qualified is SSI under disability which is hard to get but its doable they are lots of forums like this that got good ideas and share loop holes on how to get ssi!

disneysteve i am feeling like you been EXTREMLY rude and judgmental towards me beside you being a "Super Moderator" you should be understanding!

Comment

Originally posted by tdi200 View Post
              Yes on my w2 I am single and I claim Zero lots of money get deducted but end of the year I get more, as you can always change your dependents during end of the year while filling taxes.

Moved to USA in 2009 by DV LOTTERY PROGRAM, and we got naturalized in 2014 as a USA citizen. We carry Dual Citizenship!

My mother is ALWAYS claimed on my Tax return but trust me I don't Benefit anything claiming her just couple of hundred Dollars from the state none from the federal. The good money is at EIC that everyone benefit if you ever wonder how do those millions of ILLEGAL Mexican claim their children they use the concept, THEY LET OTHERS claim their children!!

Financial Support was not a problem coming to this country due to the way we immigrated here plus also our home is Paid off too.

Social security is something that is based off how much one has worked in their lifetime in usa which mom has never worked here so she does not get any social security.

The only thing she may be qualified is SSI under disability which is hard to get but its doable they are lots of forums like this that got good ideas and share loop holes on how to get ssi!

disneysteve i am feeling like you been EXTREMLY rude and judgmental towards me beside you being a "Super Moderator" you should be understanding!
              I know you realize that I have tried to be understanding of your difficulties, but it seems to me at this point you are more interested in illegal 'loop holes' than doing the right things to get you out of debt. From what I have read here and at the SS website, your mother is not eligible for SSI no matter what loop hole you use other than by outright lying again to the feds. Other than leaving the hookers alone, I haven't seen any progress from you to getting your mess cleared up, but instead are getting yourself in even more difficulties. When the IRS catches up with you and they will (and no, millions of illegal immigrants are NOT doing this!) you are going to be in huge trouble and especially if they find that you have also used 'loop holes' to get your mom on SSI which currently she is not eligible for. I don't know if they will revoke your citizenship here and send you back to the UK (buy not your mom is she didn't know what you are doing) or they will send you to a nice jail for a good long time, yet again leaving mom on her own. I suspect also that when they catch you on the IRS thing, that the mother of those 4 kids is going to get in huge trouble and be deported or sent to jail leaving her kids to the foster care system.

You can not get your financial mess cleaned up by using illegal means and illegal loop holes and listening to people that claim that is a way to get out of the mess. This is a serious forum where people are serious about improving their financial lives in honest ways. If you want to continue on with forums that help you figure out illegal means to do things, you should stick with them not keep bouncing back and forth, since honestly at this point, I don't think you want to do the hard work of getting out of debt you want easy ways out that leave you with money in your pocket.
              Gailete

Comment

Originally posted by Gailete View Post
                You can not get your financial mess cleaned up by using illegal means and illegal loop holes
                This is a serious forum where people are serious about improving their financial lives in honest ways.
                You come here posting about a variety of illegal activities that you are participating in - prostitution, theft, tax fraud - and you think I'm being judgmental? I'm not even sure how to respond to that. I think Gailete gave a pretty good answer.

If you actually want help, we're here to provide it. If you are just going to continue to be a criminal, please go away.
                Steve

Comment

Tdi - thanks for the feedback, while we try to be understanding here on SA, DisneySteve has a point - you need to obey the law. Its going to be extremely hard for you to build wealth and pay off your debts if the rules aren't being followed. You're at high risk for incarceration and any progress you do make will be put in jeopardy by leaving yourself open to prosecution or arrest.

So, while it sounds harsh, it's really sound advice, please follow the law. It will help you build your finances and get out of debt.
                  james.c.hendrickson@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                  X