First and foremost, I'm a new member and I appreciate the feedback. I've got a rough situation that I need to get some help with and I'm hoping that some of you will be able to give me a workable solution that I haven't thought of yet. But first, some backstory.
About two months ago I split up with my girlfriend of four years and was basically forced to move out. We shared an account so what I had to my name when I left was $16. I lived with my sister basically free of charge for 3 weeks while I got together enough money to pay for the deposits at an apartment I'm renting (plus the deposits for the utilities). Now, during this time, two things happened, I accepted a better paying job (I used to be a server so I was used to receiving tips, now it's biweekly pay) and my car has practically fallen apart. It's in dire need of repairs, and I need to pay for the tag as that expired during that time as well. Also, since this has been happening and I needed to come up with a large sum of money just so I can get a roof over my head, I have fallen behind on some bills like my car payment, phone bill, and car insurance. I get paid this Friday, but it's only for one week and rent is due then.
Basically, I won't have money for any of this as I need to pay for daycare and daily expenses like food and gasoline. I'm extremely worried that my car will fall apart any day now, so that almost has to be my number one priority, but I have all those other bills do as well right around this time. I know that I am two weeks away from things finally settling down, but I'm deathly afraid of something terrible happening between now and then.
I'm wondering if there's anything I'm missing that I can apply for or do to make this easier on me for these next two weeks. I don't want to do a payday loan as I'd rather eat a shoe than pay those fees, and I can't get a title loan as I don't own a car. I know I can talk to all those companies and tell them the deal and ask them to deal with it until I can financial afford it, but I don't want to strain any relationships. I also know that I can't talk to my car and ask it to wait on breaking down.
So my question is, what are the possible solutions I could seek out? I've thought of an aftermarket warranty, but I'm sure that will just be a MAJOR hassle, I've thought about getting a personal loan, but I honestly don't know if that's possible, or if I even would qualify for it. I'd assume government assistance would be an acceptable alternative, however I doubt I'd qualify as I am not making bad money.
Please help me out! Also, if you have any questions that might help you understand better, let me know, I'll be happy to oblige.
About two months ago I split up with my girlfriend of four years and was basically forced to move out. We shared an account so what I had to my name when I left was $16. I lived with my sister basically free of charge for 3 weeks while I got together enough money to pay for the deposits at an apartment I'm renting (plus the deposits for the utilities). Now, during this time, two things happened, I accepted a better paying job (I used to be a server so I was used to receiving tips, now it's biweekly pay) and my car has practically fallen apart. It's in dire need of repairs, and I need to pay for the tag as that expired during that time as well. Also, since this has been happening and I needed to come up with a large sum of money just so I can get a roof over my head, I have fallen behind on some bills like my car payment, phone bill, and car insurance. I get paid this Friday, but it's only for one week and rent is due then.
Basically, I won't have money for any of this as I need to pay for daycare and daily expenses like food and gasoline. I'm extremely worried that my car will fall apart any day now, so that almost has to be my number one priority, but I have all those other bills do as well right around this time. I know that I am two weeks away from things finally settling down, but I'm deathly afraid of something terrible happening between now and then.
I'm wondering if there's anything I'm missing that I can apply for or do to make this easier on me for these next two weeks. I don't want to do a payday loan as I'd rather eat a shoe than pay those fees, and I can't get a title loan as I don't own a car. I know I can talk to all those companies and tell them the deal and ask them to deal with it until I can financial afford it, but I don't want to strain any relationships. I also know that I can't talk to my car and ask it to wait on breaking down.
So my question is, what are the possible solutions I could seek out? I've thought of an aftermarket warranty, but I'm sure that will just be a MAJOR hassle, I've thought about getting a personal loan, but I honestly don't know if that's possible, or if I even would qualify for it. I'd assume government assistance would be an acceptable alternative, however I doubt I'd qualify as I am not making bad money.
Please help me out! Also, if you have any questions that might help you understand better, let me know, I'll be happy to oblige.

Here is an example of how I balance this: Not to be trite, but I also have work that needs done on my 20-21-year-old car, but all the absolutely essential maintenance has been done. Same thing for something like my husband's dental work. He needs a LOT more done, but we had the minimum necessary to continue his dental health, without doing the things that can come later (like crowns, that are really needed eventually, but sometimes you can get away without for a few months). Some things are necessary right now, while others are not.
Comment