The Saving Advice Forums - A classic personal finance community.

cheap and easy recipe.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: cheap and easy recipe.

    easy ham salad:

    leftover ham
    hard boiled eggs
    mayonnaise
    mustard

    Grind ham and eggs in a food processer or blender. Moisten with mayonnaise and small amount of mustard (approximately 3 Tbsp.). Serve on bread or toast.

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: cheap and easy recipe.

      rhubarb:
      crust:
      2 cups of flour
      2 T sugar
      1/2 cup butter
      mix well and pour into 9x13 pan. bake for 10 mins. on 350@

      arrange maybe 4 or 5 cups of rhubarb on the crust.
      mix and pour over the rhubarb:
      6 egg yolks use egg beaters as substitute or 12 egg whites
      2 cups of sugar
      1/4 tsp. salt
      1 cup of half and half...... i used powdered milk mixed
      6 T flour

      bake 40 minutes or more @350 degrees

      beat 6 egg whites
      3/4 cups of sugar
      dash of cream of tartar
      spread on top and bake 10 minutes @350 degrees.
      can be chilled and then cut and served with ice cream or cool whip... i use dream whip...

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: cheap and easy recipe.

        i take 1/2 cup of quick cooking oatmeal and 1 cup of hot boiling water... i add to that 3 tblsp. of brown sugar... i place the mixture in my thermos bowl.. and let it cook overnite.. when i awake... waaalaaa... oatmeal is ready.... try it... it is yummy.............

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: cheap and easy recipe.

          buy a cheap box of lasagna helper..
          take 3 cups of hot water from the tap and place in a small 8x8 baking pan.
          add the mixture of seasonings and stir until dissolved
          add the packet of noodles and cover with the liquid a few times.
          bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.... very good, cheap and easy.

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: cheap and easy recipe.

            Rockin' Cornbeef and potatoes

            3-4 tablespoons of olive or vegetable oil
            One medium onion chopped (optional)
            1/2 medium sweet green pepper sliced in strips (optional)
            black pepper
            one can of any brand corned beef (this type of corned beef is salty do not add salt to this dish.)

            I like it hot so I use a little sliver of scotch bonnet pepper, you can substitute with jalepeno. This shouldn't be too spicy.

            In a skillet allow oil to get hot. saute onions and peppers until onions are translucent. Add corned beef, flake with a fork to break into smaller pieces. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes on low. A small amount of water can be added if it appears dry. Top potatoes of Any kind ie., Hash browns, french fries, baked potato, mashed potato, tater tots or even white rice.

            My son likes corned beef prepared with onion, peppers, (No hot peppers)tomato sauce and put over spaghetti, you can use any pasta.

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: cheap and easy recipe.

              Oh I am such a HOT and SPICY Fanatic! Right now I am eating a Cheeseburger (homemade) with Jalapenos, Onions, Miracle Whip, Mustard and Ketchup!

              I LOVE SAUTED ONIONS! They become sweet when they are that way. I will have to try out the recipe sometime...sounds really good!

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: cheap and easy recipe.

                my son eats hot sauce with his pizza...
                i place a medium size plastic bag on the arms of my bucket seats in my van for trash...
                i recycle old shoes, plastic 2 liter bottles, plastic milk jugs, and old coffee pots, bowls, etc. for my container gardening.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: cheap and easy recipe.

                  toss this in crockpot for two hours on low:
                  homemade stewed tomatoes, frozen french fries, leftover green beans... real easy and tasty... served with bread, salad, applesauce..

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: cheap and easy recipe.

                    Wow thanks. Those are great. I already make the stroganoff. I also make it with chicken after I cook a whole chicken there is always left over meat on the bone so I pull it all off and add cream of chicken soup and egg noodles I also throw in a couple slices of american cheese. Yum!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: cheap and easy recipe.

                      Heres one I learned from Grandma

                      Brown bread crumbs in non stick pan set aside. (I like to add parmesan cheese)
                      Brown chopped garlic in some olive oil I also add oregano and basil.
                      Top speghetti noodles with garlic and oil, then with the browned bread crumbs.
                      This is so delicious. And cheap.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: cheap and easy recipe.

                        Corned Beef BBQ

                        1 can corned beef
                        1 small bottle of BBQ sauce - add enough to make it BBQy, but not soupy!

                        Warm and serve on HB buns. Cheap, fast, easy.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Re: cheap and easy recipe.

                          Can't figure out what to do with that chicken or those leftover take out packets of duck sauce, soy sauce, and hot sauce


                          Chinese "Saucy" Chicken

                          1-2 packs of soy sauce (watch that sodium), 3 or more packs of hot sauce, 3 or more packs of duck sauce (to your taste)
                          Marinate chicken for at least two hours in refrigerator.

                          Bake, grill, stew, or fry.

                          Enjoy!!

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Re: cheap and easy recipe.

                            thanks for the wonderful recipes... please keep posting...

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Re: cheap and easy recipe.

                              You all come up with great recipes. My fav right now is to mic a potato, melt cheese and ham on top ad cover with salsa a jalapenos. I only cook for one so I get weird and creative. I figure if it doesn't come out good at least it was only me who needs to know!!

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Re: cheap and easy recipe.

                                chicken breast
                                jar of salsa
                                rice to strech it
                                throw chicken or pork chop and salsa in a crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours.. serve over rice.. you can tear meat apart or serve whole...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X