No announcement yet.

SavingSteve's 52 Week Challenge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK it's April 15th, taxes are paid and I saved $43 for week 16 of the challenge!

Comment

It's week 17 and $42 saved!

Comment

Yesterday I saved $41 for week 18 of the challenge.

Comment

Yay the left side of my sheet is almost finished!
          I saved $40 for week 19 of the challenge.

Comment

Save $1000 in a Week?

This is so inspiring, Steve! I'm trying to save a lot right now because I'm determined to pay off a huge chunk of student loans ($100,000--I know!) in the next few years. I just signed up for a free course called Save $1,000 in a Week. Obviously, the title made me leery at first because--let's face it--I don't make much more than that in a week.

But then I saw some people talking about it on FB and it looks like it's about plugging up financial leaks so you're saving yourself $1,000 in things you don't even know you're spending money on. A few weeks ago, I was looking at my checking account and I figured out that I was paying for Weight Watchers, even though I stopped using it 8 months ago.

Anyway, the course is free so we'll see how it goes. I'm excited about the possibility of winding up with an extra $1,000 that would've otherwise been absorbed. If anyone else wants to sign up and do the challenge with me you can sign up at Ramit Sethi's blog, I Will Teach You To Be Rich.

Comment

Today I saved $21 for week 20 of the challenge.

I don't really like most personal finance blogs. They generally want to sell me some crap I don't need. Even Dave Ramsey's site is full of junk for sale.

Comment

For week 21 I saved $20

Comment

It's week 22 and there were a lot of bills. So I only could save $4

Comment

This thread inspired me to do the 52 Week Savings Challenge. I have nothing in mind yet where to use the money. Perhaps I will just add them to my savings. Thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by chestynuts View Post
                      This thread inspired me to do the 52 Week Savings Challenge. I have nothing in mind yet where to use the money. Perhaps I will just add them to my savings. Thanks guys!
                      Good for you chestynuts!

It's week 23 and I'm a bit behind. I'm only saving $2 this week.

Comment

For week 24 I saved $3. Things are a bit slow at work so I can cross off some smaller numbers from my sheet until mid July.

Comment

Today I saved $5 for week 25 of the challenge.

Comment

Week 26 I saved $6
                            Week 27 I saved $7

Things will be picking up at work now and I will resume the higher numbers on my worksheet!

Comment

Yesterday for week 28 I saved $19

Comment

Today for week 29 I saved $18

Comment

Working...
                                X