Announcement

Collapse

User Blogs Under Repair

SA Community,

The Savingadvice.com tech team is aware of an ongoing issue impacting the SA user blogs.

We anticipate a fix for this issue by close of business on Monday the 19th, if not sooner.

Apologies for this - we know the community works very hard to make SA be a great resource for everyone.

Questions regarding the status of the fix can be direct to Jon or James, emails are: jon@districtmediafinance.com or james@districtmediafinance.com
See more
See less

SavingSteve's 52 Week Challenge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. This thread is really boring.
    But the point is to help me be consistent and it certainly has helped me do that!

We are more than halfway through the year!

Today I saved $25 for week 28 of the challenge.

Comment

Today for week 29 I saved $24

$25 was a milestone I like the way the challenge gets easier each week if you go high to low.

Comment

For week 30 I saved $23

Comment

It's now week 31 and I saved $22

Comment

For week 32 I saved $21
            I've started automating the savings now. My online bank lets me set up multiple transfers of different amounts in advance. So it's completely hands off now!

Comment

Steve - if you get a chance I would love to hear about what practical difficulties you found in getting this set up and how you overcame them.
              james.c.hendrickson@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by james.hendrickson View Post
                Steve - if you get a chance I would love to hear about what practical difficulties you found in getting this set up and how you overcame them.
                It wasn't difficult at all. At first I just did an electronic transfer each Wednesday manually into my Emergency Fund account from my paycheck. Then I realized I can pre program multiple transfers and schedule them, each with a different amount. So each month I just set up 4 automatic transfers in descending order. That way I only have to mess with it once a month.

Comment

Just back from vacation so I got behind with my posts. But the deposits are on auto pilot. Here's what was saved the past 4 weeks:

Week 33 - $20
                  Week 34 - $19
                  Week 35 - $18
                  Week 36 - $17

Comment

For week Week 37 I saved $16

Comment

it's week 38 today and I saved $15

Comment

Steve - bumping this to recognize your savings awesomeness.
                        james.c.hendrickson@gmail.com

Comment

for week 39 today and I saved $14

Comment

for week 38 on thursday I saved $13

Comment

Wow! it's week 39 and I saved $12

Comment

today is week 40 and I saved $11.

Next year I want to somehow modify the challenge to make it harder. Thinking on how I can do that.

Comment

Working...
                                X