We know what you are thinking, and that is not what we mean when we say sell your body. Believe it or not, there are ways you can legally sell parts of your body for some fast cash though.
Sometimes, we need money in a hurry. In those moments, we need something that does not require any interest rates with a quick turnaround. Luckily, selling your body for extra money is one way to accomplish this. This tactic may not make you rich, but it will give you a little cushion.
Here are some ways you can do this:
Use Your Hair to Make Money
- If you have long, beautiful locks that you are not attached to, you can make some decent cash from trading it in for money. While the average amount seems to range within a couple hundred dollars, one woman was able to cash in her hair for $4,000. Her success with her sale was attributed to the length (31 inches), having virgin hair (never colored), lack of using heat on it (no blow drying) and only washed twice a week. Hair sells best when it is at least 15 inches long with red hair seeming to bring in the most money. Brunettes and blondes have success too, though, with limited sales made unfortunately for those with gray hair.
- Hairwork.com was a popular site for hair sellers, but in March they stopped accepting hair ads to redirect their business. But, BuyandSellHair.com is still open for business.
- If this is something you are considering, you will want to keep as many chemicals out of your hair as possible, avoid dying it and keep it well-groomed to turn around the best results.
Sell Your Blood Plasma
- While it is illegal to pay people to donate their blood in America (although, you can still receive incentives for donations such as gift cards or sweepstakes entries), you can donate your plasma for money. Plasma is the largest component in human blood and is a clear liquid that contains enzymes, proteins and antibodies. It is often used to create medication and therapies and treatment of genetic or autoimmune diseases and so on.
- The process of donating your plasma is typically more painful than your usual blood donation, as the plasma is extracted from the blood and the blood transferred back into your body. The expected recovery time is 48 hours, and your body replaces plasma much faster than blood. Thus, you can donate your plasma at least two times a week . The average pay rate for plasma is $20-60, but some centers will pay you up to $400 if you are frequent donor.
Sell Breast Milk for Extra Money
- If you find yourself producing more than you need, don’t let that commodity go down the drain. Instead, sell your breast milk for extra money. Yes, this is perfectly legal in the United States, and online resources like Only the Breast allow provide a community to moms looking to buy and/or sell their breast milk. For a month supply, you could make anywhere from $300-1,200. Believe it or not, donors can also make up to $23,000 in a year.
- Your sperm and eggs hold quite a bit of value; more so your eggs, ladies. For sperm donors, men are asked to fill out an application, and, once accepted, may receive up to $125 per cup (depending on sperm bank size). Some clinics may offer $1,000 monthly for your regular donations or simply a flat rate per sample, depending on their policies. In order to qualify, though, you need to be within a certain age, be in great health, have a clean medical background (no drugs or heavy drinking) and be a healthy weight.
- For ladies, donating your eggs can make you up to $10,000, with the average range being $5,000-8,000. But the process is more invasive and bit more dangerous than it is for men. You do also need to be in excellent health, within a certain age range and have a clean medical background just like men do.
These are just a few ways you can use your body to make money (other than physically going to work). Others include surrogacy for women, going through medical or clinical trials for research, and, yes, even selling your feces.
Would you consider any of these options to make some extra money?
Photo: Flickr: 401(K) 2012