Happy Memorial Day! In the event that you’re still trying to figure out what to grill today, here’s the perfect recipe for enough barbecue chicken to feed half a dozen guests.
It takes only five minutes of advance preparation and 35 minutes on the grill. Best of all the sauce would work just as well on pork chops or ribs — just increase the proportions of the ingredients if you want to grill more types of meat (or serve more than six guests).
4 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 1/2 cups of diced onion
6 cloves of garlic, minced
1 cup of ketchup
1/2 cup of honey
1/2 cup of brown sugar
100 ml apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper, to taste
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1. Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
2. For the sauce: Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic until tender.
3. Stir in ketchup, honey, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
4. Cook for a few minutes to thicken the sauce. Remove from heat, and allow to cool.
5. Lightly oil the grill grate.
6. Dip chicken in sauce, and turn to coat.
7. Cook on grill until the chicken has a few charred marks, no longer pink or until juices run clear.
8. Turn and baste occasionally with remaining marinade.
9. Serve and enjoy with your favorite side dishes.
Quick tip: You can also soak the chicken in the marinade overnight for a juicier barbecue result.
Readers, please let us know what you — and your guests — think of this recipe.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might like these other food-related articles in our archives:
- The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Shrimp Scampi Pasta Recipe
- Recipe: Yummy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Easy Roast Prime Rib Recipe
- You’ll Love This Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- Here’s a Recipe for National Honey Glazed Ham Day
- 10 Ways To Get Garlic Breath from Amazon
- The Top 5 Grilled Cheese Restaurants on the Planet
- Beer-Battered Fish Recipe for National Beer Day
- Healthy Ramen Recipes You Can Start Making Today
If you enjoy reading our blog posts and would like to try your hand at blogging, we have good news for you; you can do exactly that on Saving Advice. Just click here to get started.