Has debt made you so desperate you’re considering nude modeling for quick cash? Don’t let desperation drive you to make a career limiting move.
Save your concerns about freedom of expression for another time because the following warning concerns your potential for future earnings — or lack thereof.
The risk that the wrong people will discover your naked photos or videos is skyrocketing due to a confluence of trends.
Among them is the rise of companies that perform background checks for employers to use in evaluating whether to hire job candidates.
It’s almost become a standard practice of human resources departments and recruiters to outsource background checks to companies that do them full time.
While these outfits generally focus on fact-checking the claims people make on their resumes — along with reference checks, and digging up any criminal records — the depth and magnitude of the background checks vary depending on a host of factors.
Although it’s not likely these firms look into whether candidates have sold naked photos online, one might assume that higher-paying jobs might involve more elaborate background checks.
The other key phenomenon that would make internet nudity a career limiting move is the increased sophistication of image-based search technology.
Visual search capabilities can match images to their source and vice versa; this functionality is an option in most search engines, along with numerous photo sharing websites and tools.
Wigs Are No Disguise
The facial recognition capabilities in this technology have gotten so sophisticated that wigs and aliases are no longer able to help models and performers evade detection
And unfortunately for these models and performers, image search tools aren’t the only thing that’s making it easier to discover them.
Illegal file sharing of this type of content continues to proliferate in spite of copyrights, watermarks, and even paywalls.
But What Are the Odds?
To be fair, it’s possible that the large volume of content on the internet might slow down or reduce the odds that someone might discover an adult entertainment-type of photo or video from a person’s past.
However, computing power continues to improve so it’s very possible that something that takes too long to find today might be much easier to find in the near future.
The potential lost opportunities resulting from such a discovery far exceeds the amount of debt relief you might achieve today by selling some illicit photos or videos online.
Pure Pressure from Debt
Of course, it’s easy to lose sight of that kind of long-term picture when you’re feeling pressure today from debt that’s gotten out of control.
Household debt has returned to peak levels, only this time around, student loan balances account for a much larger share than they did a decade ago.
This might explain why we’re seeing renewed interest in a blog post we published nine years ago describing anecdotally how someone made $6,000 selling nude photos online.
Since then, the potential for career limitation has gotten much greater for anyone who might contemplate taking that kind of gamble today.
Before you make a mistake you might live to regret, please check out the wealth of articles we’ve published on all the other ways to make fast cash:
- How To Make Money on Amazon
- Make Art (or Other Useful Stuff) from Junk: Strange Ways to Make Money
- How To Make Money Recycling
- How To Make Money While You Sleep
- Get a Job as Santa Claus: Strange Ways To Make Money
- How To Make Money on Tumblr
- 7 Things You Can Sell from Around Your Home To Make Money
- Use YouTube To Make Money
- Ways To Make Money with Your Car
- Make Money Online with These Jobs
- How To Make Money Recycling Phones
- Legitimate Ways To Make Money From Home
- How To Make Money on Craigslist
- How To Make Money on eBay
- How To Make Money Selling Legos
- Three Ways To Make Money Online
- 7 Easy Ways To Make Money in Your Spare Time
- Make Money with Teespring
- Ways People Make Money Playing Monopoly 2014
- How To Make Money with Box Tops for Education
- Wait in Line: Strange Ways To Make Money
- Work with the Dead: Strange Ways To Make Money
Readers, how desperately have you wanted to solve your own financial problems?