Aldi Hours of Operation
The company has stores in the United States, Germany (where it originated), Britain, the Netherlands, Belguim, Luxembourg, France, Poland, Spain, Denmark, and Portugal. In addition to running Aldi supermarkets, the company also owns Trader Joe’s. Operating hours for an Aldi are pretty standard, however, in some areas, the hours that Aldi is open or closed depends on how close you are to a larger city.
The standard Aldi hours are as follows:
Monday: 8 AM – 10 PM
Tuesday: 8 AM – 10 PM
Wednesday: 8 AM – 10 PM
Thursday: 8 AM – 10 PM
Friday: 8 AM – 10 PM
Saturday: 8 AM – 10 PM
Sunday 10 AM – 4 PM
However, if you are in a small town your Aldi hours may be a bit different. In less-populated areas, Aldi tends to open later and close earlier. For instance, in some places, Aldi opens at 9 AM and closes at 9 PM. Other stores may open as late as 10 AM throughout the week.
Aldi Holiday Schedule 2018
Aldi also closes its doors for a number of holidays throughout the year.
- January 1 (Monday): Aldi is closed on New Year’s Day
- January 15 (Monday): Aldi is open on Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- February 14 (Wednesday): Aldi is open on Valentine’s Day
- February 19 (Monday): Aldi is open on Presidents’ Day
- March 17 (Saturday): Aldi is open on St. Patrick’s Day
- March 30 (Friday): Aldi is open on Good Friday
- March 31 (Saturday): Aldi is open on Easter Saturday
- April 1 (Sunday): Aldi is closed on Easter Sunday
- April 2 (Monday): Aldi is open on Easter Monday
- May 13 (Sunday): Aldi is open on Mother’s Day
- May 28 (Monday): Aldi is open on Memorial Day
- June 19 (Sunday): Aldi is open on Father’s Day
- July 4 (Wednesday): Aldi is closed on Independence Day
- September 3 (Monday): Aldi is open on Labor Day
- October 8 (Monday): Aldi is open on Columbus Day
- October 31 (Wednesday): Aldi is open on Halloween
- November 11 (Sunday): Aldi is open on Veteran’s Day
- November 22 (Thursday): Aldi is closed on Thanksgiving Day
- December 24 (Monday): Aldi is open, but closes early on Christmas Eve
- December 25 (Tuesday): Aldi is closed on Christmas Day
- December 31 (Monday): Aldi is open, but closes early on New Year’s Eve
- January 1 (Tuesday): Aldi is closed on New Year’s Day 2019
There are a few days each year, like Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve in which Aldi may close its doors earlier than usual. You will want to check before you head out to the discounted supermarket. If you are interested in shopping at your local Aldi, be sure to check their hours of operation and their closings online or give them a call.
Prepare for Shopping at Aldi
If you are planning a trip to Aldi, you should prepare a few things before you head out. Prepare a list of your regular grocery items (you’ll likely be able to pick them all up at Aldi). You should also make sure that you have a quarter. Aldi locations require a quarter to be inserted into the cart to make it move. You will get the quarter back at the end of your shopping trip. Also, make sure you have a reusable grocery bag for your items or be prepared to buy a bag from Aldi. The quarter requirement and the grocery bags help Aldi keep prices low for its customers by limiting the amount of money they have to spend on resources like stolen carts or the constant expense of grocery bags.
Locate an Aldi
If you are having trouble locating an Aldi, you can discover where the closest store is on Google Maps. You can also download the official Aldi Mobile App and find information on new stores opening, hours of operation and view weekly ads. The app has a store locator, updates on ads, a QR code reader and you can even create your own shopping list on the app. It can help you keep ahead of the game before you head to the grocery store for big-time savings!
Photo: Flickr: Mike Mozart