If you’re familiar with the Albertsons’ Monopoly promotion, then you know it’s no secret that your chances of winning the jackpot prize are extremely difficult. This year, the big cash prize is $1,000,000 once again. But, don’t get your hopes up; the odds of winning aren’t great.
Finding Rare Game Pieces
In order to win one of the bigger rewards, such as the vacation home, luxury car or home makeover, you need to find rare and semi-rare pieces. These change every year, and with the competition just starting last week, it may take some time before all the rare pieces are revealed.
However, there are a few places to look and a few things for you to know when beginning your search for rare Monopoly pieces:
- Get creative. Leave no stone unturned when searching for these items or leads. Many blogs share the full list of items as well as continuously update as the promotion continues. We suspect you will be able to find more of these by the end of February or beginning of March all over the internet. People seem to really ban together for this event as it is knowingly challenging to fill your game board. Some online forums we found were on YouTube.com with a search for Albertsons Monopoly.
- Get out of the area. You probably will not have much luck if you only shop in the participating stores in your area. If you are really dedicated to winning this year, you are going to need to shovel out some gas money and consider taking a road trip or two (both long and short) to increase your chances of finding these rare game pieces. As a reminder of the game rules, you can even make a small purchase in order to receive a ticket, but there are exceptions such as no tickets provided with purchases of tobacco products and lottery tickets.
- Start early. The sooner you start, the better as you will believe to collect more over time. However, expect to see a large distribution of tickets in April since the contest ends May 7. You may be able to lock in some last-minute prizes at this time and having some decent tickets to trade will help your chances.
- Share the wealth. There are participants who are willing to buy, trade and sell tickets they need for this Albertsons’ Monopoly promotion. Individuals will sell on eBay as well as trading sites like this one. Of course, the rare pieces will be a bit costly as the seller may be potentially helping you win $1,000,000. You, too, can cash in, though, by selling tickets you don’t need or even trading groups of tickets with other competitors in order to fill in a color on the board.
- Be careful. Be quite cautious when you are hunting for areas to buy and sell these rare game pieces. The world is full of scammers, and the internet is no exception. Do your research, review the seller and make sure you are submitting your credit card numbers through a safe and secure site.
What Are The Rare Game Pieces in 2019?
Below, is a list of the rare game marker list for Albertsons’ Monopoly 2019 Collect & Win game. These may be updated as more information is collected throughout the promotion. All of these have cash value (from $1 million to $5 cash):
- 419B# or 420C#
The Odds of Winning
Albertsons Play Monopoly promotion site notes that the odds for the top three Collect & Win prizes are as follows:
- $1,000,000 Cash (30-year annuity) – 404,000,000:1
- $1,000,000 Vacation Home – 404,000,000:1
- $100,000 Cash or Luxury Car – 80,800,000:1
Additionally, there are a number of instant win opportunities and small prizes available as well. The odds of winning an instant cash prize of $10,000 are still pretty low at 404,000,000:1. However, the smaller the prize, the more likely you are to win.
These odds are based on finding the rare game piece. Many people have been able to win in the past by trading these game pieces online. Visit the Saving Advice forums Albertsons Monopoly trading thread.