No announcement yet.

Working online/from home ideas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I must admit the following e-mail does makes this more tempting, but I don't like people treating me like I just fell off a turnip truck.

Hi, It's Mike from ________, The company you were looking into about starting your own online adult store. I had someone purchase a webstore from me a few days ago, and then I found out that the order had been canceled, after working on it for about 2 days.

The site is halfway done being set up, but now I need an owner, and a domain name for it. If you are interested in getting started right now, I can give it to you at a very substantial discount. It is a 10,000 product webstore, which normally sells for $779.99. If you would like it, I can set it up for you for just $279.99, which is $500 off the regular price.

Keep in mind, this will be just as if you had done it all on your own, just much less costly, and set up much faster. And its the same as if you bought it new, just cheaper. You control the domain name, the look, the products, and the prices.

This is only ONE site so it's first come first serve. Please contact me ASAP, as the first $279.99 takes it. For a 10,000 product site, its a smokin' deal!

Sincerely,
    Mike

Comment

thing is, ebay and etsy and amazon and a few other places already have a huge customer base. so maybe you make less in individual % profit, but you can probably make up for it in volume.

in 1 month, maybe you sell 1 item at 100% profit at your new website (not counting website hosting fees). At ebay, you probably sell 10 at 30% profit. Which scenario are you coming out ahead?

You can always use ebay to help launch your website. when you sell something on ebay, email the customer your direct website.

Comment

Try outsourcing websites like Fiverr or Freelancer. You can find a job suitable to your skill/s. That way you can stay home and care for your mom at the same time without leaving the house.

Comment

So I decided to get the 10,000 item website at the huge discount and I made my first sale today. A woman bought $180 worth of toys.

I made just under $100 on the sale.

Comment

Originally posted by PeggyHefferon View Post
            So I decided to get the 10,000 item website at the huge discount and I made my first sale today. A woman bought $180 worth of toys.

So you paid $280 for the site and made a $100 profit on your first sale? Sweet!

Are there any ongoing costs to keeping the site running?
            Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
            * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
            * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Originally posted by disneysteve View Post
              So you paid $280 for the site and made a $100 profit on your first sale? Sweet!

Are there any ongoing costs to keeping the site running?
              I chose the one year contract at $50/month, but this month is free.

Still in the red of course but I just got the store at the beginning of the week. So I am pretty excited that I got a sale, and a pretty big one. There are some Reddit groups I posted my store link in, so that is where my first sale originated.

Comment

Hello!
                What do you sell!?

Can I link to your website?

You are welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by evgeniusleo View Post
                  What do you sell!?
                  She's selling adult toys.
                  Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
                  * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
                  * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Originally posted by danielaa View Post
                    You can always look for an online job Just look for job sites and apply as much as you can and ensure that you have a good profile, and always be true to what you put.
                    I agree to this. I got a project by looking for jobs online. Mostly people from the creatives look at Upwork or Fiverr

Comment

Originally posted by evgeniusleo View Post
                      Hello!
                      What do you sell!?

Can I link to your website?

You are welcome.
                      DisneySteve's response should explain why I can't post it here. But if you are still interested you can private message me.

Comment

DisneySteve's response should explain why I can't post it here. But if you are still interested you can private message me.
                        Wrote to you.
                        Thank you)

Comment

I use Fiverr to get gigs as a translator, doing this part-time at the moment

Comment

Four ways to earn money from home:

1. Online Freelancing - get started with job marketplaces like Upwork, fiverr, ***
                            2. Blogging - monetize through adsense
                            3. Affiliate Marketing - start with *** and commission junction
                            4. Home-based business
                            Last edited by disneysteve; 05-13-2017, 04:53 AM. Reason: links removed by moderator

Comment

Have you tried checking sites like Upwork? I used to freelance there.

Comment

Peggy, coming late to this thread I think. It is amazing what is out there for people who want to work from home. One thing I use is Endicia, which is a postage program that has different fee levels, etc. but you can print out your postage from them if you want to sell stuff on line. You can print your postage and attach them to the packages and the mailman takes them away. It is rare that I ever go to the PO and I'm sending out orers pretty much every day. I get my packing supplies from Uline who if your orer is in by 6PM usually has next day delivery to your home. While I have bought inventory directory from the manufacturer, I also enjoy and make more money selling things I have found at thrift stores, book sales, yard sales and the like. I know you mentioned that you have to be with your mom in the home. Is she bedbound? Or does she still get out and would she be able to enjoy looking for things at thrift sores with you. Even if she can't you can buy on line and resell.

My son is a medical transcriptionist and it takes official training and is rather hard to get into. He only got to work at home part time, when the place he works for now full time, needed more work done and they couldn't put him on board full time.

One idea that I have had for a long while is this, as you seem to have good office skills, one of the things you may want to do is peruse those different selling sites with this one objective in your head. Try to find the person with the wrost written listings (bad grammer, bad spelling, bad punctuation, listings that seem totally inadequate) as well as their about us page, etc. Set yourself up in business and write to them and offer to help them rewrite these things with proper English which would give their articles a mush better chance of selling. Especially you want to go after folks that have plenty of inventory and are selling from a foreign country. It drives some of crazy the way some folks have written things. I'm not sure if you would find people who would want you doing this, but boy is it a service that a lot of sellers need!!!!!

That is one of the secrets to make money on line, finding a need and fill it.
                                Gailete
                                http://www.MoonwishesSewingandCrafts.com

Comment

Working...
                                X