10% cashback offer from Discover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10% cashback offer from Discover

My wife periodically gets great offers from Discover. I don't know why I don't but that's fine. The offer that came yesterday was to spend $1,000 by 3/31 and get an extra $100 cash back on top of the regular cash back, including the 5% deals. So if we stack the 5% with this deal, we will actually be getting 15% back on purchases and over 10% on everything else. Can't beat that.
    Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
    * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
    * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

That's a great deal. I didn't get that offer either. And no sign of anything like that on the Discover website. Your wife must be a lot better looking than you or me.

Comment

Refuse to take it at my practice - fees are just too much on the merchant but certainly, use it at merchants who accept. The gas stations that are dropping prices .10/gallon aren't whistling dixie.

I have actually been toying with the idea of

Cash
      Check

or

EFT (electronic funds transfer) for the chronic swipers. There is no reason it should cost 3-4% (5-6% with Discover) to move funds around electronically nowadays. With EFT, you just put in my email address and you can pay me from your account. I haven't worked it all out yet though.

It's the way insurance co.'s pay doctors. . .why not consumers?

Comment

I got a similar offer, only for $75. Luckily my car insurance premium is coming due in February, otherwise there's no way I'd be able to get to $1k.

Comment

Working...
        X