Another Retirement savings milestone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Retirement savings milestone

I saw Goldy posted something similar earlier, but we just hit our very first milestone as well!

$100,000 in retirement for my husband and I between pension account, 401k, and deferred comp. On our way to becoming millionaires!

I rarely post in the message boards and not that often in the blog, but I visit this site almost daily and credit it for a lot of our success! so THANKS everyone!

Congrats! That's great. Keep at it and those milestones will just keep on coming.
    Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
    * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
    * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Originally posted by guppy View Post
      I saw Goldy posted something similar earlier, but we just hit our very first milestone as well!

$100,000 in retirement for my husband and I between pension account, 401k, and deferred comp. On our way to becoming millionaires!

I rarely post in the message boards and not that often in the blog, but I visit this site almost daily and credit it for a lot of our success! so THANKS everyone!
      Congrats! Good job! :-)
      ~ Eagle

Comment

Congrats!

It gets easier from here. You'll really start to see your accounts grow going forward.
        Brian

Comment

Originally posted by bjl584 View Post
          It gets easier from here. You'll really start to see your accounts grow going forward.
          Very true. You start to see the power of compounding in action. In the early years of saving, most of the growth in your balance is from your contributions. As your account grows, however, the annual contributions start to be eclipsed by the investment returns.
          Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
          * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
          * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Nice work! You will be amazed at how fast you hit 200k and beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by bjl584 View Post
              This is so true. The compounding once you have that first $100k is amazing. Enjoy the journey and keep up the great work!
              My other blog is Your Organized Friend.

Comment

Terrific milestone, keep tracking contributions and the amazing benefits of compounding. Success like yours is a huge motivator to add contributions perhaps to non retirement holdings if you've fulfilled that allowable.

Comment

Awesome!
                  LivingAlmostLarge Blog

Comment

Keep up the good work!!

Comment

Working...
                    X