What is the likely hood that an accepted offer on a home would fall through?
Logging in...
Accepted offer on a house
Collapse
X
-
There's always a chance and I think the chance is dependent more on the people and the deal, etc. Sometimes one of the parties has to back out of the deal for various reasons.
Once you are in mutual acceptance, generally there's legal recourse against the other party if one decided to back out of the deal. But, there are also ways to back out of the deal without recourse or recovery by the other party; various contingencies like inspections, financing, etc all have to be met.
Is there something that has you particularly worried, or are you just getting paranoid vibes moving through a sizeable house deal? I know we certainly did, but in the end, everything fell into place.History will judge the complicit.
-
-
Did you hang on to any earnest money, hopefully? Did you pursue the buyers otherwise?Originally posted by bjl584 View PostI had 3 offers on my last house. The first 2 fell through. I finally sold it on the 3rd offer.
So in my case the likely-hood of an offer falling through was 66%.History will judge the complicit.
Comment
-
-
usually a seller accepts and offer from the buyer with a deposit since the house would be "pending sale" and off the market to any other buyers. On the buyer's side there can be a void statement if the house fails inspection for a specific list of reasons and even then the seller can agree to fix the issues prior to sale.Originally posted by skives View PostWhat is the likely hood that an accepted offer on a home would fall through?Gunga galunga...gunga -- gunga galunga.
Comment
-
-
The situation is a house my wife and I like that has an accepted offer. We were just curious what the chance is the deal won't go through? We are not getting our hopes up as our realtor is finding out if they were pre qualified and if that is the case it's almost a not doubter that it goes through.
Comment
-
-
I wanted to, but my realtor talked me out of it. I didn't want to get tied up in a legal battle over $1000. And I didn't want my house off the market any longer than it had to be. In the end, I got a different realtor and everything worked out.Originally posted by ua_guy View PostDid you hang on to any earnest money, hopefully? Did you pursue the buyers otherwise?Brian
Comment
-

Comment