Fee Only Financial Advisor is turning out to be an expensive option. One charges $150 per hour and the minimum is 7 hours. The other one is $180 per hour. Is this normal?
Logging in...
Fee Only Financial Advisor
Collapse
X
-
I'm not sure but that's probably pretty typical. $1,000 for a professional to review everything and counsel you on how to proceed isn't really all that much when you think about it. If you really feel you need professional advice, it's probably a good investment if you find the right person.
I would definitely want to sit down with him/her first for a FREE consultation though just to make sure you like the person and their style. I wouldn't commit to paying $1,000 without meeting them first.Steve
* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
* Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
* There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.
-
-
I would suggest you meet with a couple for a free initial consultation just to make sure you feel comfortable with them. From there, you can start to weigh the fees they charge. What you list isn't out of this world.
While an advisor isn't for everyone, they are worth the money for many investors as they are able to help investors keep their emotions in check and thereby stick to a plan and stay invested.
I used to work at a high net worth advisor who charged 1% of assets under management. We had a client who was with us for over 20 years. He totaled up all of the fees he paid in and they totaled over $100K. He said it was the best money he ever spent because he couldn't have done it without us. Too many people focus on the fee and don't look at the benefits of having a professional help them out. With that said, you do have to find a good one and one that you can trust and work with.
Comment
-

Comment