The Saving Advice Forums - A classic personal finance community.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rent to Own Homes

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I to don't do it according to my experience.

Comment

When I was a teen we moved into a home that needed truck loads of garbage hauled out before we could even move in. But my mom got the place spic and span, liked it and got an agreement with the landlord to buy it on land contract at the same rent she was then paying. By the time we moved across the country 6 years later, she and my stepfather had improved the place so much that the landlord bought it back from them! Not sure if land contracts are even available anymore, but they are the way to go if you can swing it and you really like the house.
      Gailete
      http://www.MoonwishesSewingandCrafts.com

Comment

6 year old thread

Comment

Originally posted by tomhole View Post
          6 year old thread
          I typically find the motives suspect when really old threads are bumped

Comment

rent to own homes houses etc

well i read all of the replies and posts here and i got to say this, i dont even beleive in rent to own homes now anyway i have done alot of researches into these and these are a trap for people to get lured into rent to own homes, i have to tell you this is bad buisness they are out just to get your money thats all it is for, i have seen sites where you have to pay for $1 trial and then you have to pay $29.99 a month subscription for membership, its a rip off because you dont get a home to rent to own i have asked alot of people they said they never heard such a thing like that and said it doesn't even exist out there..,, they said only thing that exist is real estate agency like for example coldwell banker, century 21 and so on they are the only things that you are gonna see out there, owners out there are making a fraud on people too, i have noticed none of them participate in rent to own programs cause they dont exist, you want the house owner wants full cash now upfront no partial cash accepted, no credit cards or checks many dont even take checks they want to see some green cash bucks on table, and the sites that use $29.99 a month subscription is bogus they are using the money to advertise on the internet. it is also noted that retirees cannot even get a home to own WHY??? because they dont get much back from the federal goverment, they keep half of it and give you back only what you get each month, many retirees are in shelters and many are in old peoples homes for the entire checks they could only get, i have found that out too, anyone who is on survivors benefits from either civilian or miltary parent who dies and child gets that and people on SSA or anything they can forget it.... they are called reject's on real estate agent list's they dont accept anyone on these incomes and retirees get it from SSA thats federal goverment they dont accept these folks either, they look for extreme high paying workers they welcome those who are CEO. bosses, executives. company owners. and high profile buisness people they will accept them, and sell homes to those people in that groups i am learning alot of it right now,people who make at least $20,000 a month or more are accepted immediately for home to own, and those who make at least. around $200,000 a year or higher will be considered for a home to own, all others will be rejected and refused i have seen people being refused at real estate offices almost anywhere it was awful, thats the 21st century way of buisness now not like it was in early 1960's and into 1970's until around mid 1980's things began to change for the worse, people started getting rejected and refused and send away saying sorry we cannot work with you have a good day now. they stamped papers and applications denied and rejected, it was horrible experience for them if i was you i would forget it. dont even try it or even go for it you be wasting your gas and your money and time on this for nothing only to get refused and send away it will happen to you as it does to thousands of people. i also laughed out at one of these so called joke on people they say no credit bad credit or good credit you can rent to own HA HA it was a fooling people thing, they lied and they said no score checked its phony they sneak up behind your back and say oh excuse me we had something on your worksheet thats what it was credit score check hmmmm caught one who did to my friend thought oh okay great and only to find he got kicked off the the list to get a home, he was refused they stamped his folder rejected, indefinitely, meaning permanately he has been rejected forever, he can never get a home, i know that i was told real estate offices are also bad to people to work with, as they sell houses and they do as they please they dont care about anyone only themself. they want green money on the desk or else they just close the door on the person i dont even trust any of them here anywhere in the united states now anyway,most people are now leaving america to another country to buy a house WHY??? foreign countries SURE!!!!!! they get the house there without any problems, oh i see that was very interesting most americans now own a house in another country, other then america as you can see why many dont trust america anymore because of all of this mess, so if i was you i forget about owning a home it will never happen in your lifetime or anyone's lifetime either its sad but very true, i have seen it happening and tried not to beleive it but it was true what i saw going on, so folks you all may have to look for other options many buy big RV's and they live in it on a RV park or mobile home parks,,,, and just pay every month till they paid in full have seen that too, oh well it breaks my heart to see the mess happen to people but that is reality,

Comment

Working...
            X