The Saving Advice Forums - A classic personal finance community.

Earning With Google Adsense

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Re: Earning With Google Adsense

    Ok, thanks for the info. I know next to nothing about how Adsense works. After several page hits, I did get some other ads, but those same ones come up the most often for me. Maybe Google has determined I'm a sucker based on my browser cookies.

    Comment


    • #92
      Re: Earning With Google Adsense

      Jeffrey, I totally agree about the content sites, they are much more ideal for adsense. And the filtering would be a bear. The one I filter out just annoyed me, so I blocked it.

      Originally posted by Sweepsplayer
      Maybe Google has determined I'm a sucker based on my browser cookies.
      LOL!

      Comment


      • #93
        Re: Earning With Google Adsense

        Originally posted by Sweepsplayer
        Ok, thanks for the info. I know next to nothing about how Adsense works. After several page hits, I did get some other ads, but those same ones come up the most often for me. Maybe Google has determined I'm a sucker based on my browser cookies.
        Sweeps, I'm pretty sure Google is tracking and knows (as we all do) that you spend hoards of money to join the latest

        survey-taking-
        get-paid-for-clicking-
        easy-money-making-
        forex-trading...

        SCAMS

        Comment


        • #94
          Re: Earning With Google Adsense

          I'd recommend YPN over Google Adsense in a heartbeat. Although it is tough to get in it, their paying rates are slightly higher now due to them being in Beta. And the best thing is they actually have a phone # and will talk to you, unlike Adsense.

          Comment


          • #95
            Re: Earning With Google Adsense

            Has anybody noticed that there are certain words you can NEVER use if your site has Adsense? For example, one mention of "blog" will convert all of your ads. One mention of "freebie", etc.?

            Comment


            • #96
              Re: Earning With Google Adsense

              For more info on adsense and YPN as well as others, check out digital point forums. There are a lot fo experienced adsense users as well as users of other monetization programs.

              Adsense is content sensitive. You can apply competitive filters to filter out certain url's from advertising. You can also place html tags around only the portions of your code that you want to be considered as contextual.

              If you do decide on using adsense, TEST, TEST, and TEST some more. You can create channels for your ads. Therefore, create three ads and each assigned a different channel. Test the placement and see which channel gets more clicks. Then find the best two places and drop the third. Then experiment with colors and borders. The adsense help sections are good about this.

              You can using formatting techniques to draw a person's eyes toward your adsense content but you can't format the ads within your page so they look like they are part of your site. It's kind of hard to describe.

              A simple description of how adsense works successfully....
              1. create high quality content site and update the blog part of the site daily with 200-400 words each day.
              2. After indexed by google (months) and you see your site returned from google search results, ONLY THEN SHOULD YOU ADD THE ADSENSE. This is more about the google sandbox (google for it).
              3. Add your adsense and TEST TEST TEST the location and color.
              4. Continue to add content daily or at least every other day. This is less important as your site grows and you have built incoming links and the such.
              5. Aim for high quality content.

              A few notes:
              1. Never discuss exact adsense $ or % related to your adsense account. It's ok to say, I earn between $100 and $50 per day, but don't be more specific.
              2. When you have used adsense for a while, don't say, "I'm getting a 4.53 click through rate, is that ok?" It all depends on your sites and like I said, you can't mention exact numbers.
              3. Expect a low click-through rate. < 4%. If you can grow it, great, but it's more about getting the volume of people to your site that makes you money.
              4. It takes work.

              Comment

              Working...
              X