The Saving Advice Forums - A classic personal finance community.

Earning With Google Adsense

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Earning With Google Adsense

    I see more and more people talking about google adsense. If I we to start up a site or a blog, how much could I expect to make from it? Are people making a lot of money of just a few dollars a month?

  • #2
    Re: SAHM income options

    I'm happy, because to be honest I figured I'd get a few cents per day. The payout is $100, so even if it did hypothetically take awhile, just think, when that check comes you'll be happy. It's an easy way to earn if nothing else ~ easy to set up and then you sit back.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: SAHM income options

      I don't mean to be rude, but I always have my radar go up when I hear statements like "It's an easy way to earn if nothing else ~ easy to set up and then you sit back." So your saying that now that your site is set up, you will earn $3 or more a day without any other effort on your part?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: SAHM income options

        No ~ I am not guaranteed any money at all. I say 'sit back' but don't mean literally. I just have to hope that people like my blog, come to visit regularly, and click on the ads. Oh, and the search engine is on there also, so if they do a search about something and actually click on one of the results, I get paid for that as well. But either way, even if I made 5 cents a day, my outlook is that it's 5 cents I didn't have before and I didn't have to put any money out to get it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: SAHM income options

          What about members that have sites that have been using adsense for more than a few months? Are you earning a lot and how much time and effort do you have to put in to earn the amount you are earning?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: SAHM income options

            Originally posted by terry1156
            What about members that have sites that have been using adsense for more than a few months? Are you earning a lot and how much time and effort do you have to put in to earn the amount you are earning?
            I don't know from first hand experience, but a do have some friends that run sites and this is the basic impression I have gotten from them - someone who runs a site please correct me if I'm wrong

            1. When you first put ads on the site, you get a bit of money when you tell all your friends and family about it and they click out of courtesy. Sustaining that pace is difficult because they will only do it for a little while.

            2. Regular visitors themselves don't help out much with the ads since they come to your site on a regular basis and thus have seen all the ads before.

            3. The way to earn money is to get new people to come to your site. Regular visitors can help with this by spreading the word to others and you have to do a lot of promotion on your own.

            4. It will take a year or more with a lot of time and effort invested on your part before you're making $10 a day from the ads.

            This is what I've gotten from my friends and again, I don't know first hand.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Earning With Google Adsense

              Is there a URL for Adsense?

              I'd be very concerned about the cookies left on my computer and the integrity of it's security.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Earning With Google Adsense

                I would say what Robby said makes sense, you only make money (well lots of it) if you have lots of new people comming in, or people willing to be nice (I usually look for an ad to click on any site I like)

                It doesn't take much work and then the rest is maintaining the site you already have, so there is work, but it is work I was already doing. I only have it for like 5 days so I couldn't give an honest estimate of the amount . I get several new visitors each day, cause I keep dropping my link around, if I get more people doing that maybe it will actually be really lucrative, if not I will be happy with any amount.

                The hardest part is I am now addicted to looking at my account to see if it went up or not

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Earning With Google Adsense

                  Personally, I've been kind of frustrated. Between my husband's sites and mine we probably average 75 hits a day . . .NOBODY clicks. Google also goes back and forth on whether our sites are indexed so 1/2 the time the ads aren't very relevant. (Our sites are indexed just fine on yahoo! but I digress . . .) Also, you're not supposed to tell anybody to click and you're never supposed to post anything on your site that implies that if people click you get money. If you do (or even if you don't) Google can cancel your account for click fraud. I guess there have been at least a few cases where this happens right around $99. Yikes! Sounding a bit negative aren't I? Anyway, it's free and easy so it's worth a shot, but your site has to be really really popular to make serious money I think. We've been doing this for about 3 months. The total stands at $15.69. And I'm really jealous of Karin

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Earning With Google Adsense

                    Originally posted by terry1156
                    I see more and more people talking about google adsense. If I we to start up a site or a blog, how much could I expect to make from it?
                    It would depend on how much traffic your site/blog received, how many clicks you got, and how much advertisers were paying for said clicks.

                    Are people making a lot of money of just a few dollars a month?
                    DivaTribe is making for than just a few dollars a month now. But it isn't me just 'sitting back' in the sense that I am working on the site every day, adding new content, finding places to advertise, exchanging links, reviewing books, keeping the forums going, etc.

                    By comparison, a site I run that gets very little traffic has only earned about 23 cents in the last month or two, I think. But I do next to nothing to get the word out about that site.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Earning With Google Adsense

                      Originally posted by 34saving
                      Personally, I've been kind of frustrated. Between my husband's sites and mine we probably average 75 hits a day . . .NOBODY clicks. Google also goes back and forth on whether our sites are indexed so 1/2 the time the ads aren't very relevant. (Our sites are indexed just fine on yahoo! but I digress . . .) Also, you're not supposed to tell anybody to click and you're never supposed to post anything on your site that implies that if people click you get money. If you do (or even if you don't) Google can cancel your account for click fraud. I guess there have been at least a few cases where this happens right around $99. Yikes! Sounding a bit negative aren't I? Anyway, it's free and easy so it's worth a shot, but your site has to be really really popular to make serious money I think. We've been doing this for about 3 months. The total stands at $15.69. And I'm really jealous of Karin
                      Wow now I am kind of curious who does click on my site. Don't get me wrong I did tell a few people, but a bunch of them are on a group vacation right now. I did leave links here and on another site, so I don't know? Personally, whenever I visit someone else's blog or site, now when I see the ads I click on them(yours included, I have your blog on my list). I know it's helping them out, but I also have no prob checking out the ads, some are interesting.

                      Oh! Almost forgot... one day I received a comment from someone who told me they found my blog on TrashyGossip.com... now I never heard of the site and at first was like, uh oh, trashy gossip? lol but I visited and I think it's new and lists a bunch of blogs... last I checked mine had the most clicks! So I think I am bringing in extra traffic from there. You can submit your blog to them as well (I guess they just found mine?) Even though it's a small thing, I was flattered

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Earning With Google Adsense

                        If you want WAY TOO MUCH information on who's hitting your site, where they're coming from, how long they're staying, etc. get an account on www.statcounter.com

                        Don't do anything but the free stuff, but it will give you tons of info. For example, my in-laws have visited my blog 85 times . . .my mom and dad 4 times . . . hmmm . . .

                        . . .thanks for visiting

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Earning With Google Adsense

                          Thanks! I'm going to go check that out.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Earning With Google Adsense

                            I don't want to be the Google police, but, according to Google policy, if you've made anything at all with Adsense, you're at risk of being cancelled by publicly discussing it. It is easy to set up, customize, and cost you nothing to get advertisers on your site; just don't talk about it.

                            There are some means to get free traffic to your site, instead paying for advertising. It takes some time but can be done. However, if you pay for ads, you may get more traffic to click your ads. (Shoot me a message if you want more info.) Above all else, make sure your site has some good content and/or products and have a business plan. It's not free money; more like a new business that needs to be taken care of to grow.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Earning With Google Adsense

                              I do understand reasons for their policy, but it's also the way to get the word out.

                              done talking about it though

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X