Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boeing

Any thoughts on Boeing stock?
    I made a nice profit scooping up BP during the Deep Water Horizon oil spill.
    I'm wondering if this could be a similar buying opportunity.
    Brian

I had the very same thought. I don't think the company is going away. This could be a great buying opportunity.
    Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
    * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
    * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Do you know something someone else doesn't?

Comment

Originally posted by corn18 View Post
        Do you know something someone else doesn't?
        Nope, but Boeing is a global aerospace and defense manufacturer that's been around for over 100 years. They make everything from commercial airplanes to missiles to satellites. I can't believe the company will be driven out of business by two plane crashes.

I'm not running out and buying stock because it's not what I do, but if I was an individual stock guy, I'd certainly see this as an opportunity.
        Steve

* Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?

Comment

I see no buy signal in the data. If you want to take the risk and catch a bounce off the crash, I think you are too late.

And everything you just said about BA was said about GE also.

I'll continue to hold BA in my index funds as always.

Comment

Originally posted by corn18 View Post
            I see no buy signal in the data. If you want to take the risk and catch a bounce off the crash, I think you are too late.

And everything you just said about BA was said about GE also.

I'll continue to hold BA in my index funds as always.
            I haven't been following it so I didn't know if it already recovered. If it did, that's good but the bounce is gone.
            Steve

Comment

From LinkedIn News:

Boeing took a $1 billion initial charge to cover costs related to the grounding of its 737 MAX jets following two crashes killing 346 people within five months. In the first quarterly results since the latest crash involving the aircraft, the company also said it would suspend full-year profit and sales forecasts, as well as share buybacks. It reported a profit of $2.2 billion. Analysts have estimated the grounding will ultimately cost the plane maker $3 billion, including payouts to families of the crash victims.
              james.c.hendrickson@gmail.com

Comment

Anyone actually make money off this?
                james.c.hendrickson@gmail.com

Comment

I can see trouble for Boeing. The whole 737 Max deal has shaken the confidence of the buyers - the airlines. My son ran into a former neighbor of ours at lunch today who is a pilot at Southwest Airlines. According to the pilot, Southwest is consider a switch to Airbus for future craft. That's big.
                  How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Comment

Working...
                  X