The Saving Advice Forums - A classic personal finance community.

ING - Electric Orange (High Interest Checking Account)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: ING - Electric Orange (High Interest Checking Account)

    does anyone know if the transfers from the ING Savings to the Checking are immediate or if they take a day or so?

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: ING - Electric Orange (High Interest Checking Account)

      yeah, but you'll be charged ATM fees if you need cash. Like an e-bank, they don't charge an ATM fee, but the ATM you are using will. So if you withdraw cash you'll be hit.
      LivingAlmostLarge Blog

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: ING - Electric Orange (High Interest Checking Account)

        Originally posted by LivingAlmostLarge
        yeah, but you'll be charged ATM fees if you need cash. Like an e-bank, they don't charge an ATM fee, but the ATM you are using will. So if you withdraw cash you'll be hit.
        check into credit unions in your area: they frequently don't have ATM fees. and the ATMs at Publix supermarkets also have no fees.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: ING - Electric Orange (High Interest Checking Account)

          I'm just talking about transfer between checking and savings on ING's website.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: ING - Electric Orange (High Interest Checking Account)

            My checking account is with an internet bank and there are a number of ATM's in my area, and nationwide, where I can transact business free of transaction fees.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: ING - Electric Orange (High Interest Checking Account)

              Originally posted by risknothing
              I'm just talking about transfer between checking and savings on ING's website.
              I just tried it and YES it is an instant transfer between Orange Svavings and Electric Orange checking.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: ING - Electric Orange (High Interest Checking Account)

                So i just got my electronic orange debit card. Other than the Allpoint ATMs, is there any other banks that don't charge non-customers atm fees. Maybe PNC or WaMu?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: ING - Electric Orange (High Interest Checking Account)

                  There are a number of irritating problems with this that I can only assume ING will address once their inbox overflows with complaints.

                  The biggest shortcoming is that electrics doesn't provide any checks for their checking account.

                  Yep. Next time you need to pay the plumber, just tell him his check is in the mail. Because that's how ING works. You "write" a check online, and ING mails it for you. The postage is free, though, so that's nice. :P

                  I know that there are some smaller, nimble online banks that are offering checking accounts that make a whole lot more sense. EverBank has a nice 6.01% intro on their FreeNet checking (like fake_usa said), and the rates are a lot better for us mere mortals Plus, you get real checks....

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: ING - Electric Orange (High Interest Checking Account)

                    The no checks is their main item. All checks are electronic. I love the account but thats because I use about 10 checks a year.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: ING - Electric Orange (High Interest Checking Account)

                      risknothing: I too, probably only use 10 checks a year too, but when I need those checks, I need them! Not 2 days from now, not even tomorrow. I need them for a specific amount and in my hand instantly. My maid or plumber aren't going to be very happy when I tell them "the check is in the mail."

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X