No announcement yet.

Let's talk health plans!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what is the healthcare solution for someone like me that ran up $8,900 in prescription bills last year and $28,500 in medical treatment and lab costs that is in otherwise perfect health and takes care of his health thru diet and exercise better than 95% of the population?

Comment

Originally posted by Radiohead1 View Post
      So what is the healthcare solution for someone like me that ran up $8,900 in prescription bills last year and $28,500 in medical treatment and lab costs that is in otherwise perfect health and takes care of his health thru diet and exercise better than 95% of the population?
      Thanks to Obummercare, that’s your only solution. All other plans were summarily outlawed, with very few exceptions.
      Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

-George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by TexasHusker View Post
        Thanks to Obummercare, thatís your only solution. All other plans were summarily outlawed, with very few exceptions.
        Thanks to Obamacare my preexisting condition is covered and my premiums and deductibles aren't double everyone else's (which wouldn't have covered anything related to my preexisting condition anyways).

You talk about high risk pools like they would actually benefit me compared to obamacare.

Comment

Thanks to Obamacare my preexisting condition is covered and my premiums and deductibles aren't double everyone else's (which wouldn't have covered anything related to my preexisting condition anyways).

You talk about high risk pools like they would actually benefit me compared to obamacare.
          The benefit plans of most high risk pools were richer than Obummercare my friend. Many significantly so.

That being said, I am delighted to hear that Obummcare has suited you well. I am curious about your situation: What is your age? Are you self employed? Which plan do you have, and what are the premiums? Are you able to get subsidies to help I hope?
          Last edited by TexasHusker; 02-08-2018, 06:39 PM.
          Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

-George Carlin

Comment

I think your statement is an oxymoron. Anyone running that much in medical bills yearly is NOT in perfect health. People in perfect health, may have medical costs consisting of a box of tissue for a yearly cold and nothing else. Not sure where you are coming up with the 95% either, but that has nothing to do with it.

Glad that Obamacare is working out for you. My husband had been uninsured for years when the premiums got to0 high. He has a genetic eye disease and got his first set of corneas replaced in his 20's. It is a pre-existing condition so for him to try to find an affordable health insurance was about impossible. His first year with Obamacare he had a cornea transplant that was paid for. Not anything we could have handled ourselves. The problem is at this point, the 'affordable' care act is quickly becoming the 'unaffordable' care act. His policy for just him is almost $500 before the discount we get which brings it down to $100/month. How many homes can handle a $500 policy, plus my insurance via MC is around $400/month plus the co-pays for everything. Our income is in the $25K range of which half of it is SSD. Even what we do pay takes close to 1/3 of our income. To get help from Mediaid is impossible as we have too many assets to get on it. I think we would have to spend down all our retirement funds we have set aside, sell off the rental property that we got to help with retirement expenses. Two more payments and it is ours, which should help to have what had been going into the mortgage go in to our pockets instead.
            Gailete
            http://www.MoonwishesSewingandCrafts.com

Comment

Working...
            X