Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Division of Royal Caribbean cruises files for bankruptcy; EU bans American travelers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Division of Royal Caribbean cruises files for bankruptcy; EU bans American travelers

Pullmantur Cruises, which is 49% owned by Royal Caribbean, filed for reorganization in Spain today. They had previously suspended cruises through November. Royal Caribbean has cancelled cruises through September 15.

In related news, the European Union is set to ban American travelers when it reopens borders July 1 because the US has not controlled the COVID outbreak.
    Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
    * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
    * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Not surprising.
    Watch the travel industry and related business fall like dominoes the longer this goes.
    Brian

Comment

In related news, the European Union is set to ban American travelers when it reopens borders July 1 because the US has not controlled the COVID outbreak.
      I have to agree with that in Australia some state borders are still closed as their sttes are still having cases of carona virus and most aren't so you can only travel between states...In the US you can travel pretty much anywhere by the looks of it...have so many riots/protests and still having daily cases of the virus...why would any country want you to visit? Not trying to be negative but even your President won't wear a mask and downplays the virus...no country trusts him or that he is doing the right thing...so until your country improves I am all for the ban...sorry....I know a lot of our tourist spots are really struggling as well and rely heavily on the overseas visitors...but our peoples health has to come first over dollars!!
      Last edited by disneysteve; 06-23-2020, 05:23 PM. Reason: fixed quote

Comment

Originally posted by mumof2 View Post

I have to agree with that in Australia some state borders are still closed as their sttes are still having cases of carona virus and most aren't so you can only travel between states...In the US you can travel pretty much anywhere by the looks of it...have so many riots/protests and still having daily cases of the virus...why would any country want you to visit? Not trying to be negative but even your President won't wear a mask and downplays the virus...no country trusts him or that he is doing the right thing...so until your country improves I am all for the ban...sorry....I know a lot of our tourist spots are really struggling as well and rely heavily on the overseas visitors...but our peoples health has to come first over dollars!!
        Oh I agree completely. There's absolutely no reason other countries should let Americans come in currently. The complete incompetence in how we've handled the pandemic is blatantly obvious. I wish we could have closed interstate travel, or at least could do it now since some states are doing quite well while others are still seeing steadily rising cases but it won't happen. We continue to allow everyone to go everywhere freely, which from an epidemiological standpoint is beyond insane. That's not how you contain a highly contagious disease.
        Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
        * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
        * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Still scheduled to sail on September 19th for now...if it gets cancelled, I'll just take the 125% cruise credit and find something in November.

Comment

Working...
          X