Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of face coverings are you wearing out and about?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    none.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

    -George Carlin

    Comment


      #17
      I just got a note from my commander that DoD is soon going to start requiring a "cloth face covering for the nose & mouth" (explicitly not a medical face mask) in all DoD facilities.

      Sounds like my squadron's lieutenants (the creators of all things imaginative & morale-like) are going to source some bandanas in our unit's colors to raise some cash for the collective. Otherwise, we'll have to figure out some other options individually....
      "Praestantia per minutus" ... "Acta non verba"

      Comment


        #18
        I haven't been out anywhere to wear one. I do need to go to the grocery store Tuesday. I don't know if I'm going to wear one or not? We do have 1 from when my brother in law was in ICU, my DH brought his home. I hated wearing it to visit him, don't like not having breathing fresh air. I did learn how to make the homemade no sew ones. I'm not sure what I'll do, I'm still thinking about it.

        Comment


          #19
          I have a whole box of N95 masks.
          Haven't been in public much though
          Brian

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by kork13 View Post
            I just got a note from my commander that DoD is soon going to start requiring a "cloth face covering for the nose & mouth" (explicitly not a medical face mask) in all DoD facilities.

            Sounds like my squadron's lieutenants (the creators of all things imaginative & morale-like) are going to source some bandanas in our unit's colors to raise some cash for the collective. Otherwise, we'll have to figure out some other options individually....
            IF you have to be closer than six feet together to perform the duty. My husband is working up to 15 hour days/7 days a week, but they are set up to be distant now, using multiple conference rooms if necessary. I think the DoD should be providing protective gear, as they do with most other gear.
            My other blog is Your Organized Friend.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by creditcardfree View Post

              IF you have to be closer than six feet together to perform the duty. My husband is working up to 15 hour days/7 days a week, but they are set up to be distant now, using multiple conference rooms if necessary. I think the DoD should be providing protective gear, as they do with most other gear.
              How about in the commissary? Do you have to wear a mask before they will let you enter?

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by creditcardfree View Post

                IF you have to be closer than six feet together to perform the duty. My husband is working up to 15 hour days/7 days a week, but they are set up to be distant now, using multiple conference rooms if necessary. I think the DoD should be providing protective gear, as they do with most other gear.
                We're a flying squadron, on a crew aircraft with 20+ folks at a time. Our seats are all ~2ft away from one another, so "distancing" isn't really possible.

                L2P, not sure about the commissaries. I haven't seen the policy guidance myself yet.
                "Praestantia per minutus" ... "Acta non verba"

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by kork13 View Post

                  L2P, not sure about the commissaries. I haven't seen the policy guidance myself yet.
                  Well, I found out today (at our commissary, anyway— in VA). Yes, face masks are required. They ask you a bunch of questions and then they take your temperature.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Like2Plan View Post
                    Well, I found out today (at our commissary, anyway— in VA). Yes, face masks are required. They ask you a bunch of questions and then they take your temperature.
                    I just saw the official guidance, it's pretty broad -- basically anyone on any DoD installation or facility, except within on-base residences must wear a face covering. But anything that covers the nose & mouth meets the requirement -- mask, neck gaiter, balaclava, etc. It just specifies not to use N95/surgical masks to preserve them for medical use. Checking your temp & other screening questions are likely prevention measures directed by the local base commander.

                    My cynical side is laughing that just within the last few years, the military has only finally started to allow Muslims, Sikhs, etc. to wear turbans, hijabs, skull caps, etc. Totally different context, but in general there has always been heavy resistance to people wearing anything that is non-uniform. Now with this guidance, it's going to be a rainbow of colors, styles, and designs. I know there's a bunch of E-8's/E-9's out there that are going to start losing their minds with the non-conformity. Lol
                    "Praestantia per minutus" ... "Acta non verba"

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by kork13 View Post

                      My cynical side is laughing that just within the last few years, the military has only finally started to allow Muslims, Sikhs, etc. to wear turbans, hijabs, skull caps, etc. Totally different context, but in general there has always been heavy resistance to people wearing anything that is non-uniform. Now with this guidance, it's going to be a rainbow of colors, styles, and designs. I know there's a bunch of E-8's/E-9's out there that are going to start losing their minds with the non-conformity. Lol
                      That is exactly what I was thinking, too. Ski masks. Masks that look like an armed robbery is about to occur. Masks that have skeletons on them...animal face masks. It's almost like they have thrown down a challenge... LOL

                      There were some folks at the commissary who didn't come with face masks. I guess earlier in the day they were handing out paper masks to those who did not come prepared, but they were out of them by noon. So, they had to scramble to find something.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by kork13 View Post
                        I just saw the official guidance, it's pretty broad -- basically anyone on any DoD installation or facility, except within on-base residences must wear a face covering. But anything that covers the nose & mouth meets the requirement -- mask, neck gaiter, balaclava, etc. It just specifies not to use N95/surgical masks to preserve them for medical use. Checking your temp & other screening questions are likely prevention measures directed by the local base commander.

                        My cynical side is laughing that just within the last few years, the military has only finally started to allow Muslims, Sikhs, etc. to wear turbans, hijabs, skull caps, etc. Totally different context, but in general there has always been heavy resistance to people wearing anything that is non-uniform. Now with this guidance, it's going to be a rainbow of colors, styles, and designs. I know there's a bunch of E-8's/E-9's out there that are going to start losing their minds with the non-conformity. Lol
                        And americans were laughing at the asians for being so paranoid and wearing face masks everywhere.... Some people refuse to buy face masks and other protective gear made in china, but there's more cases here in the US.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          In Los Angeles the news said beginning Friday no mask will be a $1000 fine.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            masks are what contributed to Taiwan and Hong kong and Singapore getting the covid situation in highly dense countries under control faster supposedly. That and all their other precautions.
                            LivingAlmostLarge Blog

                            Comment


                              #29
                              I got a few packs of N95 masks from work.
                              But, I haven't used them yet.

                              Brian

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X