Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of health insurance do you have and what do you pay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of health insurance do you have and what do you pay?

I'm continuing to go through our budget and look at places we may be able to cut expenses. We have private health insurance, but it might make sense for us to go through our state's exchange. I don't know if we would qualify for any subsidies or not, but I'm going to check to see. We are currently paying just under $1000 a month for the two of us.

Do you have private health insurance, insurance through your company or insurance through the affordable care act or state exchange? How much does it cost?

Embarrassed to say, Kaiser family rate/plan 100% paid by employer for life. Same with Delta Dental. The fully paid after retirement required a minimum of 20 years of employment. I Realize how lucky I am.

Comment

I have insurance thru the affordable care act. It costs me $395 per month after the tax subsidy.
      Without the subsidy, it would be about $750 - and that's just for me.

To qualify for the subsidy, you income (for 2 people) must be under $62,920.

Comment

im on kaisers cheapest plan for 298 a month, $40 office visits
        retired in 2009 at the age of 39 with less than 300K total net worth

Comment

I have insurance through my employer and per month I'm paying:

Kaiser - $50
          Delta Dental - $0
          VSP Vision - $0

Comment

My employer provides $650 a month which I can use towards medical & dental coverage.

1) Kaiser Permanente HMO, $599 ($10 office co-pay, $5 generic drugs)
            2) Delta Dental PPO, $40

This is a great benefit and currently I have no out of pocket premiums to pay but not sure how long this will last.

Comment

I have Blue Cross Anthem through my employer. It is 100% paid for me and family. Although I have had great benefits before as an executive, I consider this benefit to make up for no raises in 8 years. I am a teacher.

Comment

Blue Cross. It is employer paid.

Comment

Working...
                X